Published on June 21st,2011 at 4:22 PM
By >Daimaou - G.G-B

Nintendo losing Ground? Level-5 to bring Professor Layton to Mobage Players Worldwide

This, my friend is an excellent news! Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Nintendo, but I believe that most or almost every NDS games should be available on Smartphones, at least some are making it like Phoenix Right or Ghost Trick, but when a Major Nintendo Developer like Level-5 announce that it will bring Professor Layton DeNA Mobage platform and to million of mobile phone user worldwide I am thrilled!
Sure DeNA Mobage may not be the most “Flexible” way to play game, actually their over all system forcing you to get in Japan a Yahoo!JAPAN ID sucks and I will never ever enroll for it unlike million of user here in Japan and worldwide. But I have to admit that this move from Level-5 to finally take smartphones as a serious game platform is just fantastic! After, a HUGE majority of NDS games like Layton will perfectly fit Mobile phones and smartphone so why on earth did it took them so long! Anyway let’s hope that Level-5 will jump into the iOS and Android World soon!

Note. Yes I know is its possible to access Mobage gaming platform from your iPhone but I would be better off with an iTunes App Store version of these games rather than a Web gaming experience.

DeNA Co., Ltd. and leading Japanese game developer Level-5 Inc. have forged a comprehensive global business alliance concerning the development of social games, including for DeNA’s mobile social games platform, Mobage (pronounced “mo-ba-geh”). The companies’ first offering will be a jointly developed title, Professor Layton Royale, based on Level-5’s internationally popular Professor Layton videogame series and DeNA’s flagship Royale social game series. Professor Layton Royale initially will launch on Mobage in Japan, with plans to roll out to players worldwide thereafter.

The adventure RPG title will be free-to-play with optional virtual items on offer for purchase as well. The Japanese-language version of Professor Layton Royale is scheduled to become available in Japan this Fall, first for feature phones, and then for smartphones. DeNA and Level-5 also plan to provide soon localized versions to international users on the highly anticipated global Mobage service.

Level-5’s Professor Layton is one of the world’s most popular adventure game series, having sold more than 12 million units around the world. Kaito Royale, the most popular title in DeNA’s Royale
series, already has more than 10 million players in Japan. With Professor Layton Royale, the companies hope to bring together the franchises’ huge combined fan base to the delight of a wide range of
Mobage players.

DeNA and Level-5’s alliance will be a long-term strategic one aimed at adapting popular videogame titles to social games. The two companies will leverage mutual strengths to design and develop new games for an ever expanding audience.

Via DeNA
Category Gaming Phones