By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Samsung at the KES
The KES in Korea is the equivalent of the CEATEC, with many more products offered with the distributor’s brandname. If you’re in Seoul, go there, it’s worth seeing… Samsung will be there and presenting:
Seoul, Korea – October 17, 2006 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a market leader in consumer electronics
and IT equipment, is bolstering its brand image by showcasing state-of-the-products and technologies at
Korea Electronics Show 2006. This year marks the 37th running of, Korea’s largest electronics industry event,
which is being held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan October 17-21.
The 1,155m2 Samsung booth, the show’s most spacious, is where you can see the latest offerings items
from the Samsung Digital Appliance, Digital Media, Semiconductor and Telecommunication Network Business Divisions.
Sophisticated mobile phones on display include the Ultra Edition series sold Korean market and led by the Ultra Edition 6.9 (SPH-V9900), which at 6.9mm is the thinnest handset developed to date. Filling out the lineup are the slim clamshell Ultra Edition 9.9 (SCH-V900) and multimedia powerhouse Ultra Edition 12.9 (SCH-B630) with a 3M-pixel camera. At the same time, Samsung is exhibiting such cutting-edge innovations as a LCD TV (LN52M71BD) with full-high-definition resolution, the world’s first commercial Blu-ray disc player (BD-P1000), home-use color laser printers, the world’s smallest and lightest color laser printer (CLP-300).
Appliances seen at the booth include the 4-door Zipel Quatro refrigerator (SRM688SAWT) is independent freezer and refrigerator units. Last but not least is the nano-silver drum washing machine (SEW-HK149ATA) that can sanitize laundry and suppress the growth of bacteria.
Jong-Yong Yun, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Samsung Electronics, said, “We are taking part in the KES to introduce products that demonstrate our latest technologies and most elegant designs. In the process, our position as the digital convergence leader is becoming ever stronger. We will continue to find new ways to help shape and enhance consumers’ lifestyles by providing the products and technologies that they want.” and “Samsung will focus on the show as Korea Electronics Show is gobally becoming influencial based on developing Korean IT techonology.” added.
At KES this year, visitors will be able to see and experience an extensive portfolio of Information Technology, Telecommunications and Digital Appliance. Highlights include:
● Mozel LCD TV (LN52M71BD) – The Mozel LCD TV, with powerful LED backlight, received EISA’s prestigious “Video Innovation Award.” This TV has high-definition picture quality and an industry-leading contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
● LCD Monitor (SyncMaster 971P) – The SyncMaster 971P lets users focus better on the screen images by covering half of the unique “S” shaped stand, giving the impression that the monitor is floating in the air.
● BD Player (BD-P1000) – The world’s first commercial Blu-ray disc player allows consumers to take full advantage of high-definition displays, playing content at native 720p, 1080i and even 1080p video resolutions.·
● MP3P (YP-T9) – The T9 is an ultra-slim, ultra-portable MP3 player with Bluetooth support for using wireless headphones. Numerous other features include the FM radio, voice recording, MP3/WMA/OGG support, photo and text viewing, and two full-color 3D games onboard.
● Color Laser Printer (CLP-300) – The CLP-300 is the world’s smallest and lightest color laser printer. The CLP-300 series are the perfect color printing solution for home and small office users.
● Ultra Mobile PC (Q1) – The world’s first “ultra-mobile PC” weighs in at just 777g while providing all the functions available found of today’s digital devices. Full PC functionally guarantees mobility everywhere at any time.
● Zipel Quatro Refrigerator (SRM688SAWT) – This refrigerator features four separate compartments with adjustable temperature settings. It keeps the odors, temperature, and humidity in one compartment from affecting foods in the others and enhances storage flexibility.
● Nano-silver Drum Washing Machine (SEW-HK149ATA) – Samsung’s drum washing machine uses the disinfectant and antibiotic properties of nano-silver to eliminate 99.99% of the bacteria in the laundry load. It also coats the clothes with antibacterial protection that lasts for up to a month.
● 32Gb NAND Flash Memory – This is the world’s first NAND flash memory to incorporate the charge trap flash (CTF) architecture. It utilizes a record 40-nanometer design technology and provides 32-Gb data storage density.
● Ultra Edition 6.9 SPH-V9900 – This mobile handset comes loaded with a 2M-pixel camera, MP3 player, and numerous multimedia features in the world’s thinnest profile of 6.9mm. With a variety of colors to choose from, the V9900 is guaranteed to impress with its distinct design and functions.
● Ultra Edition 9.9 SCH-V900 – Ultra Edition 9.9 is a brand new clamshell that is only 9.9 mm thick. It truly redefines the meaning of “slim clamshell,” with all-in-one multimedia features such as a 2M-pixel camera, Bluetooth® support, and music player.
● Ultra Edition 12.9 SCH-B630 – The SCH-B630 has an ultra-slim (12.9mm) design with a picture-perfect 3M-pixel camera, music player, and all of today’s business features. The powerful B630 is also equipped with S-DMB capability, Bluetooth® support, and an external memory slot, breaking new ground in mobile phone functionality and fun.
●World’s First 10 Megapixel Cameraphone SCH-B600 – The SCH-B600 captures consumers hearts with a 10 megapixel camera function. Additional features such as Satellite-DMB, music player, and other multimedia functions truly makes this an unique World’s First 10 megapixel cameraphone.
● World’s First 8GB HDD Phone SCH-B570 – With an astounding built-in 8GB Hard Drisk Drive, the B570 is the perfect companion for music lovers. The World’s first 8GB HDD mobile phone is also equipped with Satellite-DMB function, 5.1 channel stereo sound, and GPS feature.
● Slim QWERTY Smartphone SGH-i320N – Featuring a full QWERTY keypad, the slim i320N is a slim Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone with a 11.5mm depth. Bluetooth® support, 1.3 Megapixel camera, file viewer, and Music player makes the i320N the perfect mobile for work and play.