Japanese anime industry brings killer titles to the big screen
This is still Japanese culture, though admittedly not very IT or gadget related, but who doesn’t like something fresh right? At least that was the idea I had when I immersed myself last weekend in certain websites where the otaku (anime fanatics) roam freely.
We’re not going to bother you with current and future planned series or fan goods in this post, instead we are keeping the focus on some interesting releases in the Japanese animated movie industry. Earthquake nor tsunami can stop Japan from producing mass quantities of animated series. As said, many series make it to the big screen in Japan. But for these to make it to movies that will be notified abroad, the producer must not be a one trick pony. So which big names can we expect from now up to the end of this year?
>> One Piece 3D: Mugiwara Chase
- Producer: Toei Animation // Release Japan: 2011-03-19 // Genre: Adventure – Comedy
>> Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Solid State Society 3D
- Producer: Production I.G // Release Japan: 2011-03-26 // Genre: Action
>> Sora no Otoshimono: Tokei-jikake no Angeloid
- Producer: Kado Comics // Release Japan: 2011-06-25 // Genre: Harem comedy (sexual language)
>> Pocket Monster Best Wishes! Victini to Kuroki Eiyū Zekrom (Pokemon)
- Producer: Nintendo – Shogakukan Prod. // Release Japan: 2011-07-16 // Genre: Adventure – Science fiction
>> Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler)
- Producer: Studio Manglobe // Release Japan: No fixed date yet // Genre: Comedy
>> Naruto Shippuuden: Blood Prison
- Producer: Toho // Release Japan: 2011-07-30 // Genre: Action – Fight club
>> K-on! The movie
- Producer: Kyoto Animation // Release Japan: 2011-12-03 // Genre: Comedy – School musical
If you would like more posts of this type in the future, don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments section below!
Note: Release dates are for indication only. And there is much much more anime being released, but we decided to focus on some big shots first.