Samsung’s 9 finally reaching the United States
It’s official, the latest in ultra thin computing is out there in the wild in the USA after being launched a month ago in Korea! Yes, we are talking about the brand new shiny Samsung 9-Series laptop. The Samsung 9 is quite something, it’s both faster and lighter than it’s direct competitor the Macbook Air made by Apple. No surprise that samsung’s extra push to defy Apple’s crownholder in the ultra slim/lightweight notebook segment comes at a certain price. The adviced retail is very similar to Apple’s highly popular Air series, actually currently speaking it’s slightly more expensive depending on your preferred shop/retailer.
The Samsung 9 series has some tricks up it’s sleeve that really makes it a well worthy competitor. First of all the 13.3 inch ’9′ weighs only 1311 grams and 17.3 mm thickness, where rival Apple Macbook Air’s thickness is 2.8mm-17.3mm, weight 1315 grams. Secondly Samsung claims it’s new Duralumin is twice as strong as Apples aluminium alloy. Third and last most impressive feature were the sporty CPU’s, Samsung announced their line would include Intel i5 and expects i7 models over time.
• CPU: Second Generation Intel® CoreTM i5 Processor 2537M (1.40 GHz,
3MB; turbo up to 2.3 GHz)
• Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 bit) /
Windows® 7 Professional (64 bit)
• Memory: 4GB DDR3
• Storage (max): 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
• Screen: 13.3-inch HD LED-backlit SuperBright Plus display (400 nit)
• Resolution: 1366×768
• Graphics: Intel HD GT2 Integrated Graphics
• Speakers: 3 watt (1.5W x 2) stereo speakers and 1.5 watt sub-woofer
• Battery: Lithium Polymer; up to 6.5 hours
• Wireless: 802.11b/g/n; WiMaxi
• Weight: 2.89 lbs.
The Samsung 13.3 Inch ’9′ is available now in the US, expect a 11.1 Inch model in a couple of months as well.