By >Daimaou - G.G-B
SZ-30MR the 2nd world’s first camera to Take Full HD Video and Photo simultaneously?
While we cannot consider Sanyo’s Xacti as Point and Shoot camera per se, they are however the world’s first camera to shoot both HD Video and Take picture at the first time and this since quite sometime, so sorry Olympus but the title of world’s first camera to shoot booth HD Video and Picture at the same time has already been taken!
This said, I have to admit that the SZ-30MR from Olympus seems to be a more appealing product that Sanyo’s Xacti! Announced at 329€ in Europe, the SZ-30MR, comes with a 16Mpix Blacklit CMOS sensor (BSI), a 24x Optical Zoom, a dual TruePic III Engine and has the capacity to record 1080p video as well!
Like the TG-810 introduced earlier, the SZ-30MR comes with a 3” LCD monitor, 3D photo SDXC and EyeFi. And the last but not the least comes with in a stunning design!
MR is for a Multi Recording
The SZ-30MR is the world’s first camera to record 1080p Full HD movie and 16 Megapixel stills at the same time – thanks to an ingenious feature Olympus calls Multi Recording. For anyone who’s ever shot a scene one way, then (when it was too late) wished they’d done everything differently, MR is a must. Dual Engine TruePic III+ image processors give the
SZ-MR30 the power to record simultaneously in more than one mode, and in a variety of combinations. Users can record two different movies at once: in wide-angle and close-up; Full HD and lower resolution; or original and filtered (using one of the SZ-30MR’s seven Magic Filters for movies). In addition, with the Photo with Movie Clip setting, it’s now possible to capture moving footage before and after taking a single photo. These innovations give users the fun and flexibility of sharing their shots in a variety of media – from full-size prints to video clips for their favourite social media website. Both new models come with wireless Eye-Fi compatibility, so they can upload photos automatically to the Web – no cables required.
SZ is for Super Zoom
The Super Zoom SZ Series lives up to its name with a 24x wide optical zoom on the SZ-30MR and an equally impressive 12.5x super wide optical zoom on the significantly lower priced SZ-20. With this sort of zooming power it’s easy to take exceptional shots, from the expressive face of a gargoyle high up on a church roof to an emotive movie close-up of battling athletes. The pixel-rich 1080p Full HD movie format ensures the best moving picture quality currently available in a compact camera – with breathtaking realism, clarity and colour when users play back on a large Full HD TV.
S is for state-of-the-art
The SZ-30MR and SZ-20 are packed with the smartest technology the compact camera world has to offer, giving users a host of features that make it easy to get creative, transfer movies or photos wirelessly and capture just the shot they want in excellent quality. Both cameras offer 3D still photo shooting and eight Magic Filters, including the new Sparkle and Watercolour options. Pet Detection mode automatically snaps dog or cat faces just as they look up, while with Smart Panorama, users simply pan from side to side to get a sweeping panorama picture.
The SZ-30MR is available in black for €329, the SZ-20 in silver and black for €219, both from March 2011.
• 24x wide optical zoom (25-600mm*) for exceptional close-ups
Creativity & Flexibility
• Multi Recording with Dual Engine TruePic III+ image processor for recording movies and photos simultaneously, or two movies in different modes or from different angles
• 12.5x super wide optical zoom (24-300mm*) for superb close-ups
• TruePic III+ image processor for ideal colour reproduction and low noise
• 1080p Full HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in the best image quality currently available in compact cameras
• 16 Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor for high-resolution, superb-quality full-size movies, stills and prints, even in low light
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• 3” colour LCD (460,000 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• Smart Panorama for capturing sweeping stills just by panning the camera
• Handheld Starlight Mode for shooting blur-free at night without a tripod
• Advanced Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Beauty Mode for hiding unwanted blemishes
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Pet Detection Mode for automatically capturing dog’s or cat’s faces when they look at the camera
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions (e.g., Landscape, Night)
Creativity & Flexibility
• Eye-Fi Card compatibility for automatic wireless uploading of images to a website or PC
• 3D photo shooting mode for striking stills
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and/or stills:
Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Soft Focus, Fish Eye, plus new Sparkle (photos only) and Watercolour
Other key features
• Photo surfing and [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event
• HDMI technology for controlling your camera from one remote when it’s connected to HD equipment
• ISO 80 to 3200
• SDHC and SDXC memory card compatible**
• Built-in flash
• In-camera manual
• USB charging
* 35mm camera equivalent.
** SD is a trademark of SD Card Association.