By >Daimaou - G.G-B
QNAP releases a new Firmware for its Turbo NAS Series and add ten new features to its NAS
Lucky owners of a QNAP Turbo NAS you will be glad to learn that QNAP has released a new Firmware upgrade of its Turbo NAS series with the V3.4.
Among the usual bug fixing and improvements, QNAP also took the liberty to 10 new features including:
- RAID 10
- Real-time Remote Replication – Allows real-time remote replication of one NAS to another over the Internet for maximum data redundancy.
- Advanced Folder Permissions – Enables you to configure access control to folders and subfolders for efficient management and better security.
- ElephantDrive Cloud Storage – Lets users save backups in a cloud based storage in addition to their Turbo NAS for an off-site storage with continuous data protection.
- Virtual LAN Support – You can integrate the NAS into an existing VLAN on a virtualization infrastructure and configure the NAS as the storage system for other VLAN devices.
-Download Station V2 – Now easier to use with a new AJAX interface, broadcatching support (RSS download), and enhanced overall performance;
- Advanced Print Server – Now supports Internet printing with permission control as well as Bonjour printing for Mac.
- MyCloudNAS Remote Access – MyCloudNAS is a free built-in DNS service provided for users to register a unique domain name for their NAS. It further reduces the hassle of complicated Internet registration and allows users to quickly access their NAS through the Internet.
- USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter Support – Allows you to deploy the NAS wirelessly.
- System Management Features – Import/export of users, host-based permissions control, enhanced Virtual Disk support, and direct file viewing via Google Doc.
So make sure to go and check QNAP Support Page and gives your feedback on these improvements!