By >Daimaou - G.G-B
[CES 2011] Panasonic FP Series, slim and elegant
And here you are two new Lumix point & shoot from Panasonic with the DMC-FP7 (16.1Mpix) and DMC-FP5 (14.1Mpix). Both models comes in a tiny elegant design, 720P video mode, Venus Engine VI, Mega O.I.S, 70MB of internal memory and featuring a 3.5” touchscreen for the FP7 and just 3” for the FP5.
“Panasonic’s LUMIX FP-Series is perfect for the style-conscious consumer who cares about the look of the digital camera as much as the stunning images it captures,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Panasonic is committed to incorporating user-friendly features that make taking high-quality photos easy. For example, by incorporating the popular iA setting, allowing users to have confidence that the right setting is engaged, without having to change it themselves. And we are always adding creative, interesting options like the new Beauty Retouch mode on the LUMIX FP7 which takes advantage of the popular and easy-to-use touch-control operation to retouch faces in photographs.”
The LUMIX FP7 takes Panasonic’s touch-control LCD to the next level with a new 3.5-inch 16:9 LCD that offers not only a larger view of images, but also increased usability. The LUMIX FP5 features a 3.0-inch 3:2 LCD and both models include Smart Touch Screens allowing users to enable Touch Auto Focus (AF), Touch Zoom, Touch Shutter and Intelligent Scene Selector simply by touching the screen. All menu setting options are now available with touch control and in playback mode users can drag the image across the screen with their finger to browse the collection of photos, as though it is a page in a book. Additionally, the LUMIX FP7 features three new modes that let users get creative by manually (with the touch of a finger) editing their photos. These new modes include:
• Beauty Retouch mode allows users to retouch faces
• Esthetic mode creates effects on faces such as clearing skin texture and whitening teeth
• Make-up mode gives color options such as foundation, eye-shadow or coloring for the lips and cheeks
The LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 are stylish, yet still full with substance thanks to the Venus Engine VI image processor with Intelligent Resolution technology. The digital cameras are fast, with shutter release lag times as short as 0.006(FP7) / 0.005 (FP5) per second and by adding Sonic Speed AF users can capture high quality spur-of-the-moment images even faster.
Using a folded optics design allows the LUMIX FP7 and FP5 to remain ultra-thin, yet still have a high-quality 4x optical zoom. In addition, the new zoom button makes the LUMIX cameras look even more sleek. Also taking advantage of Intelligent Resolution, the Intelligent Zoom function on the LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 allows the powerful 4x optical zoom to increase to 5x equivalent without compromising picture quality.
Panasonic’s popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. The LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 feature two new iA functions – AF Tracking and Intelligent Exposure. AF Tracking locks onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves, while the Intelligent Exposure optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully. The automatic backlight compensation function activates whenever the camera detects the subject is in backlight. Other features of Panasonic iA include:
• MEGA OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) – Reduces blurry photos due to hand-shake
• Intelligent ISO Control – Reduces blur when the subject is moving
• Face Detection – Ensures registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected
• Intelligent Scene Selector – Selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset
• Dedicated iA button – Lets users engage easily with one click
Other features of the LUMIX FP7 and LUMIX FP5 include:
• LUMIX Image Uploader – Share images via Facebook and video via YouTube
• Intelligent LCD – Detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 finely graduated steps, to display the most appropriate setting
• 70MB of built-in memory