Published on March 31st,2006 at 10:44 AM
By >Daimaou - G.G-B

The first Toshiba HD-DVD Player, the HD-XA1 on sale Now !

And here we go ! Toshiba will sell (from today) the FIRST HD-DVD player, the HD-XA1 in Japan from April 27th onwards for 795 USD ! This player will support both 1080i and 720p as well as 30GB dual layer HD-DVD.

Via Toshiba
Category Pc

Related Articles

DMB NT-2000, the DMB USB key

Vstone releases the Tetsu-Jin 28 robot !

Comments

• AML

Im looking forward to these new HD players, but this player doesnt even do 1080P… No DTS HD either?

I also want to know about region coding regarding both DVDs and HD DVDs.

And according to other sources its only supposed to cost 500 bucks, not 800.

I assume this will come out in Japan for about 5 man?
    Otherwise ill give this a great big miss.

• Newsmaker

Hmm i heard is Toshiba HDDVD already available from today in Japanes stores … But it is written on akihabara that from 27 april only. If it truth?

I apologize for my english.

Greetings from Poland

• Daimaou
    Newsmaker said:

I apologize for my english.

Greetings from Poland

Nothing in sotre today only the 27th

• Newsmaker
    Daimaou said:
    Newsmaker said:

I apologize for my english.

Greetings from Poland

Nothing in sotre today only the 27th

Ok. Thanks for informations. I still wait when HD-DVD will be introduced for sale in european union :> Probably, price will be greatest in europe some about 1000 euro in Poland OMG

• Daimaou
    Newsmaker said:
    Daimaou said:
    Newsmaker said:

I apologize for my english.

Greetings from Poland

Nothing in sotre today only the 27th

MY MISTAKE ! YES there are some stores which are selling it from TODAY !

• Newsmaker
    Daimaou said:
    Newsmaker said:
    Daimaou said:
    Newsmaker said:

I apologize for my english.

Greetings from Poland

Nothing in sotre today only the 27th

MY MISTAKE ! YES there are some stores which are selling it from TODAY !

ooo It’s great, I wanted to confirm my information, and now everything it is "clean"

sorry for my english one more time

• AML

MY MISTAKE ! YES there are some stores which are selling it from TODAY !

Do you know what stores in Tokyo sell this player?

• Daimaou
    AML said:
    Do you know what stores in Tokyo sell this player?

I wish ! I would love to loose some money , But I will bet for a Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku

• AML

Saw this player in Yodobashi in Akiba, but they were already sold out.
    Price is ineed 10 man yen.

It only plays region 2 HD DVDs and DVDs. So no multy region.

Also no actual HD DVDs out yet so theres nothing to watch on it other than upscaled DVDs.

A bit pointles I think. And also a very overpriced player considering it doesnt do 1080p.

I thought it was agreed that Japan would join Region 1 for HD DVD and Blu Ray?

• Daimaou
    AML said:
    I thought it was agreed that Japan would join Region 1 for HD DVD and Blu Ray?

I thought too… I will ask toshiba regarding that

• AML

Hehehe, I went and ordered this player. :D

The opportunity to start buying and watching HD DVDs now is just to great to miss.
    After all, I did stop buying DVDs about 4 or 5 months ago so I need something to watch!

And hey, as the borg like to say: "Resistance is Futile"

• Daimaou
    AML said:
    Hehehe, I went and ordered this player. :D

And hey, as the borg like to say: "Resistance is Futile"

I will comply !

If you feel like writing a small review for us do not heistate (if you want helps on Photo or whatever tell me)

Panasonic - Massager that relaxes your muscles and warms them gently

World's lightest and thinnest circuits pave the way for 'imperceptible electronics'

Panasonic - Smartphone-sized portable full body massager

Nestlé - KitKat - 2013 summer seasonal special flavors

Turn your iPhone 4/4s or 5 into a real pocket camcorder thanks to Donya

Japanese Technology from the Future Friday!

LG - Pink-colored model will be added to Pocket photo

Sharp - Electronic handwriting notebook that can save 2000 pages data

LG - Ultra-wide LCD monitor with a cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio

Panasonic – DMC-XS3 – Slim & classic designed Lumix camera

Panasonic - DMC-FZ70 - Lumix camera with the world's first 60X optical zoom

Japanese Robots: The Seemingly Least Cool Robotics Story of July is a Must-Read!

Sony - α58 - DSLR camera with interchangeable lenses

Thanko - 7.5mm biz card sized portable battery - Increased in battery capacity by 1200mAh over the previous model

JVC Kenwood - ADIXXION "GC-XA2" - dustproof, shockproof, waterproof, low-temperature resistant action camera

NTT docomo - Disney Mobile on docomo F-07E - Disney official smartphone