By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Toshiba brings the Satellite C660 to Europe.
This may not be Toshiba’s most impressive laptop ever, but may satisfy basic users, looking for a good, but affordable laptop. Toshiba’s latest Satellite C660, comes in a wide selection of CPUs included Intel Core i3, Intel Pentium, Celeron, AMD Athlon II Dual Core or AMD V Series.
Luckily the C660 supports up to 8GB of RAM, and comes with a nice 15.6” LED Backlight LCD Screen with an acceptable 1366×768 resolution.
Large storage capacity to keep pace with today’s digital lifestyle
The 39.6 cm (15.6″) Satellite C660 features a textured black finish that isn’t prone to fingerprints or scratches and a colour variation for the LCD cover in textured Steel Gray Metallic Light. The laptop has all the essentials users need for their everyday computing tasks. It features powerful processors from Intel® and AMD®, latest integrated graphic cards and up to 8 GB RAM which allow for convenient and smooth multitasking. The laptop comes with a large hard drive capacity of up to 640 GB to store plenty of documents, photos, music and videos The integrated 10-digit numeric keypad and a Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control provide high usability.
Flexibility in communication and content sharing
The Satellite C660 is equipped with a selection of interfaces including two USB 2.0 ports, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth as option, Fast Ethernet LAN and a Multi-Card Reader. Two stereo speakers provide for a rich sound experience. Thanks to the embedded Web Camera* with microphone, face-to-face video chats are easily set up.
Ready to start right away
Users can benefit from the laptop’s pre-installed software set including tools like Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 that offers basic office productivity and Nero® 9 Essentials to rip, burn and copy files. The Satellite C660 also features Toshiba’s exclusive value-added software tools like the Toshiba Media Controller that makes content streaming to DLNA® capable devices easy. The graphical user interface of Toshiba LifeSpace helps users to organize their daily activities and projects.
Satellite Pro C660: Working on a tight budget
The Satellite Pro C660 is mainly targeted at professionals. While offering nearly the same technical feature set as the consumer models the black textured Satellite Pro C660 comes also with a non-reflective 39.6 cm (15.6″) display and runs Windows® 7 Professional.
Facts & Figures*
• CPU: Intel® Core™ i3, Intel® Pentium, Intel® Celeron, AMD® Athlon™ II Dual Core, AMD® V series
• Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit) or Premium (64-bit) on Satellite C660, Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional on Satellite Pro C660
• RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
• 2.5″ HDD (5,400 rpm) up to 640 GB
• 39.6cm (15,6”) TruBrite® LED HD display (16:9), 1,366 x 768 pixels, 200 cd/m2; Satellite Pro C660 also available with non-reflective display
• GPU: latest integrated graphics
• 2 x USB 2.0, Multi-Card Reader, Fast Ethernet
• WLAN (802.11 b/g/n)*, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR*
• 10-digit numeric keypad, Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control
• starting at 2.54 kg
• Dimensions: 380.5 mm x 254 mm x 28.0 mm (front) / 35.6 mm (back)
• DVD-Super Multi drive (Double Layer)
• Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba LifeSpace
• VGA Web Camera* with Face Recognition*, microphone
* depending on configuration and local availability