By >Akihabara News Team
Sharp introduces AQUOS Quattron 3D LCD TV
Sharp is completing his LE925 Series with 2 new models featuring the four-primary-color technology.
The four-primary-color technology consists to add the color yellow in the display in addition to the traditional red, green and blue. This would make images displayed brighter and enhance the definition as well.
In addition, a signaling technology known as FRED, which reduces image lag enables 3D television to be shown in high quality with low cross talk.
All models are edge-lit LED backlight systems at full high definition 1920×1080 resolution.
They should be available in Europe by the end of 2010, even though the price is not yet known.
In addition to the four-primary-color technology incorporated in LE820 and LE810 series AQUOS Quattron LCD TV released this spring, Sharp has combined FRED technology – Sharp’s proprietary high-speed LCD drive technology and Side-mount Scanning LED Backlight . Further, a significant improvement in a brightness of approximately 1.8 times greater than the conventional three-primary-color LCD panels enables users to enjoy impressive 3D images with minimal crosstalk.
Along with LE925 series, Sharp will introduce LE924, LE824, LE814 AQUOS Quattron LCD TV series. These models feature the four-primary-color technology that render rich colors and deliver outstanding image for 2D pictures. LE924, LE824, and LE814 series also features network connection which offers wide range of internet services including video streaming and web browsing functions.
Sharp will strive to further expand the AQUOS Quattron LCD TV line-up, and continue to develop LCD TVs with high image quality and energy performance, and lead the way into a new era of color video.
1. Four-primary-color technology faithfully renders colors to provide vivid, high-quality images.
2. Impressive 3D images with screen brightness approximately 1.8 times*6 higher than previous models (LE925 Series).
3. AQUOS NET+ allows user to easily view a wide variety of video contents and services on the internet.
4. Stylish models feature thin and seamless full-flat design just 3.9 cm thick (LE925, LE924, LE824 Series).
5. Industry’s leading class level high energy performance.