By >Akihabara News Team
Final Fantasy XIV for Windows PC to be released this September
According the announcement by Square Enix Inc, the Final Fantasy XIV Standard Edition will be launched on September 30 worldwide with the US pricing as SRP $49.99, whereas the PC Collector’s Edition is scheduled to be released from September 22 for SRP $74.99 including such exclusive items as in-game item “Onion Helmet” and Behind-the-Scenes DVD and no need to say early access to the game.
The FINAL FANTASY XIV PlayStation 3 system version will be available early March 2011.
In advance of the September 30 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition will offer early access to adventurers eager to embark on this new chapter in the FINAL FANTASY series. In addition, the Beta phase for the Windows PC version will begin in early July 2010.
* FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition pre-orders will include the Onion Helm, an exclusive in-game item which accelerates character recovery after falling in battle. FINAL FANTASY XIV Windows PC Standard Edition pre-orders will include a pair of Garlond Goggles, an exclusive in-game item which increases the speed of skill progression.
“This September, players around the world will join together to explore the fascinating and exciting realm of Eorzea,” said Hiromichi Tanaka, Executive Producer of FINAL FANTASY XIV. “We’re presenting players with a new style of online gameplay that we know will please avid fans of online games, while welcoming more casual gamers with a variety of gameplay and story-driven content.”
For additional information, visit http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com.
FINAL FANTASY XIV will become available for preorder at certain retailers from today.
Those who have registered their PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system version FINAL FANTASY XIII Campaign Codes can now choose to apply this code to the Windows PC version of FINAL FANTASY XIV. These players will also receive a pair of Asuran Armguards, an exclusive in-game item which enhances the effectiveness of their characters’ equipped arm or tool.
The Windows PC Standard Edition will have an SRP of $49.99. The PC Collector’s Edition will have an SRP of $74.99. The FINAL FANTASY XIV PlayStation 3 system version will be available early March 2011, with pricing to be announced at a later time.
Access to Eorzea is subject to certain license agreements and, after the 30-day free gameplay period, recurring subscription fees. All new game packages come with a period of free gameplay, one playable character and one non-playable retainer character (a non-playable character that provides free item storage and in-game merchant services). After the free gameplay period, the regular 30-day subscription fee will be $12.99. Each additional playable character will be $3.00 per period, with a maximum of 8 playable characters per account. Each additional retainer will cost $1.00 per period.
In the past, the city-states battled tirelessly, vying for domination and hegemony. Death-mongering beast tribes pillaged the land unchecked, leaving only destruction in their wake. Unseen enemies lurked beyond the borders, striking at the slightest provocation or show of weakness. The history of Eorzea is a tapestry woven of war and strife, stained with the blood of those gone before, and the tears and ash of fallen endeavor.
And yet the love the gods bear this unforgiving land endures, now as always. What is the allure of this seemingly forsaken place? With what hope and to what end do would-be inhabitants journey here to live out their days?
The answer lies with that which gives form to Hydaelyn and all myriad creation in it — crystals. The cornerstone of all things, it is these crystallized manifestations of the aether that beckon the people to come, risking all in the undertaking.
And so it is that adventures too have harkened the call — to bear witness to the epic set to unfold in this land. This Eorzea.
* Conceived and produced by notable FINAL FANTASY developers — Produced by Hiromichi Tanaka (FINAL FANTASY I, II, III, XI) and directed by Nobuaki Komoto (FINAL FANTASY IX, XI), with art direction by Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story®, FINAL FANTASY XII) and musical score by Nobuo Uematsu (FINAL FANTASY series)
* In-depth character creation — Choose a race and clan before going on to customize your avatar’s face, hairstyle, skin color and more, with subtle adjustments allowing for limitless possibilities
* The Armoury System — With defining emphasis on the game’s weapons and tools, the Armoury System is a unique class system that influences both character development and an individual’s style of play. With it, players have the flexibility and freedom to fight, craft and gather whenever and however they so choose. Simply equipping an item will automatically cause the character to take on the class associated with it
* Aetheryte transportation — Traverse the realm of Eorzea instantly using this seemingly supernatural teleportation system
* Solo or party play — Adventure alone or in the company of others as you undertake quests and engage in battles on your travels through Eorzea
Windows PC Version Beta Test Phase to Begin Early July
The next beta test phase is schedule to begin in early July. For more details on how to participate in the beta test, visit http://entry.ffxiv.com/na.