By >Akihabara News Team
New portable “Hercules DJ Console Mk4″ for Mac and PC is available
The new Hercules brand all-in-one DJ Console Mk4 comes as an upgraded version of its highly popular precedent the DJ Console Mk2. According to the company, the improvements include a thinner but wider body (10.5 x 7.3 x 2.5″), more precise jog wheels, 4 browser buttons instead of a joystick, more space between the cross fader and jog wheels and backlit buttons for ease of use during low-light conditions. It weighs 1.15 kg and is compatible with both Mac (Mac OS 10.4 / 10.5 /10.6) and PC ( Windows XP / Vista / 7 (32/64-bit).
Available for $199.
Built for mobile DJing, the DJ Console Mk4 features a strikingly modern design with a thinner but wider body than the previous model, the DJ Console Mk2. The metallic-colored surface top with a see-through plate and new body provides a comfortable mixing solution to any DJ. It also includes more precise jog wheels, 4 browser buttons instead of a joystick, more space between the cross fader and jog wheels and backlit buttons for ease of use during low-light conditions. Compact (7.36” x 10.4” x 2.5”) and lighter than a laptop computer (2.5lb) with large, non-slip feet for perfect stability while mixing, users can take the Hercules DJ Console Mk4 anywhere.
Not your standard DJ controller, the Hercules DJ Console Mk4 also includes a high-performance audio interface:
• 2 stereo outputs (2 x 2 RCA) let DJs play their mix for the audience (channels 1-2: 2 RCA outputs to connect hi-fi systems and mixers, plus 1 stereo mini jack output (1/8” / 3.5mm) for multimedia speakers), while also previewing the next track for themselves (channels 3-4: 2 RCA outputs, plus 1 headphone plug)
• 2 stereo inputs (2 x 2 RCA) let DJs connect external audio sources, and include them in their digital mix: vinyl turntables, CD or MP3 players, and so on
• 4 input levels: phono (for vinyl turntables), consumer line level (-10dBv, for MP3 players), pro line level (+4dBu, for studio gear), and boosted pro line level (+8dBu, for the most powerful CD players designed for DJing)
• 1 microphone jack (1/4” / 6.35mm), with talk-over function
• 1 headphone jack (1/4” / 6.35mm), for previewing tracks
Other features include:
• Two decks for mixing digital audio files
• Two jog wheels for moving within tracks, adjusting speed of playback, applying scratching effects and more
This new Hercules controller will be bundled with VirtualDJ® DJC Edition, an easy to learn yet powerful mixing software that provides users with a wealth of useful functions including audio file analysis for calculating music tracks’ BPM, suggesting a cue point and more. The console also includes functions for synchronizing tracks, as well as for applying automatic loops and multiple effects for users who want to add their own personal touch to their musical creations or record their mixes as audio files. As a final touch, Hercules is including a graphic skin that can be placed underneath the see-through plate on top of the controller, allowing users to give a unique look to their console.
Minimum system requirements
PC: 1.5GHz processor or higher; 1GB RAM; Windows® XP / Vista / 7 (32/64-bit); USB port; stereo speakers and/or headphones.
Mac®: 1.5GHz processor or higher; 1GB RAM; Mac OS® 10.4 / 10.5 /10.6; USB port; stereo speakers and/or headphones.
About Guillemot Corporation:
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories. The Group offers a diverse range of products under its Hercules and Thrustmaster brand names. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently represented in 11 countries, including France, Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Hong-Kong, Romania and Italy, and distributes its products in over 30 countries worldwide. The group’s mission is to design high-performance and user-friendly products to improve the satisfaction of users of interactive digital entertainment solutions. www.guillemot.com