By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Welcome to Akihabara News V5.5 a.k.a “Access Denied”
I know, I know I promised you a new and refresh version of Akihabara News V5 design a few months ago and actually we were supposed to launch the V5.5 a.k.a “Access Denied” earlier this May, but due to some urgent work that required our attention elsewhere, we have had to postpone the development of Akihabara News until today.
So, what’s new besides some basic design tricks???
Well, first let me explain you why we decided to give Akihabara News V5.5 the code name “Access Denied”. This is actually just an “internal” joke here at HIC among our team of developers and editors and also it is my favorite line from Richard Kind in Spin City. And “Voila”, you got all the meaning behind this “Access Denied” thingy.
But let’s just be serious for a minute, if you are not seeing everything in new on AkihabaraNews, either hit F5 like a madman/woman or go and check your eyes.
- A Smaller/lighter header, giving us more “space” above the fold.
- A new ‘Feature Post’ Block (New design).
- The option to chose from the HP the kind of news you want to access thanks to the “Category All” and “Type All” dropdown. (there are still a few cosmetics issue on these dropdown that we will fix ASAP).
- Smaller font for titles
- The “News Feed” Block. Placed above the fold, it will give you direct access to our latest news without the need for you to scroll. Yep, apparently some of you are not too fond of scrolling.
- A GeekStuff4U Carousel, where you will find the latest or hottest products from GeekStuff4U.com.
- Re-designed “Latest Comment” and “Hot Archive” blocks.
- A “Let’s Visit Tokyo” Block. Apparently a lot of you have been asking us to give you the possibility to access to the latest “Let’s Visit Tokyo” videos/news from the HP.
- A “Job Offers” block. If Akihabara News is recruiting, we will let you know what kind of candidate we are looking for just right in this block.
- A New “Job” applet in order to find a Job in Japan powered by AtomJobs.com.
- A “Message” Block alerting you of the latest “Issue” we may have with the website or letting you know if we are in Japan on Public Holidays, or whatever there is that is important that we have to share with you.
- A Twitter block, where Akihabara News team of Editors and developers will share with you their thoughts and other comments.
- A new “Our Friends” Block with their latest News (Via RSS).
- A newly designed “Poll Question”.
- A newly designed “Akiba Babes” block.
- A new “Comment” block and design.
And well, that’s pretty much it. I am sure we may have missed some bugs, in fact if you are using IE or forced to use IE, you may notice today some little design bugs or CSS positioning problems, we are aware of them. However, feel free to use the comment section below to share your thoughts on today’s design and changes.
Daimaou – G-A.G