By >Akihabara News Team
Pentax K-x goes multichrome also in the US
Although here in Japan, Pentax K-x DSLR cameras come in all sorts of color combinations and even in special “Kore Ja Nai Robo Design”,
in the US the only options available have been Red and Black so far. Rather gloomy…But from now Pentax K-x will be present in more cheerful colors such as orange, bright blue, purple and green over there as well.
They come for about $650 with an 18-5mm lens.
GOLDEN, CO.–If you’ve been waiting for a chance to purchase a PENTAX K-x digital SLR in a color other than black, white, red or navy, your wait is over! PENTAX Imaging Company just announced that the K-x digital SLR is now available exclusively for pre-order on www.pentaxwebstore.com in limited edition bright blue, orange, green and purple. Each fresh new color comes in a kit with an 18-55mm lens and an array of advanced features including Live View, HD video and photographic performance that challenges higher class models.
Since the popular PENTAX K-x first shipped in October 2009, the camera has received high acclaim as one of the most affordable and well-equipped digital SLRs on the market today. Priced at $649.95 USD (for body with DA L 18-55mm lens), the extremely compact and lightweight PENTAX K-x offers one-handed shooting design and simple, easy-to-use operation making it perfect for users stepping up from a point and shoot digital camera to their first digital SLR. The PENTAX K-x offers photographic performance that challenges higher class DSLR models and offers several features that set this camera apart in the entry-level category:
• High resolution 12.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor features sensor-shift Shake Reduction for stabilized image and video capture up to 4 stops max.
• Large 2.7 inch LCD features Live View with Face Detection autofocus (up to 16 faces).
• Widescreen HD video capture in full 720p resolution (1280×720) at 24 FPS cinematic framerate, using any PENTAX 35mm lens.
• True High Dynamic Range (HDR) image capture blends 3 bracketed images into a single picture with outstanding shadow, highlight, and midrange detail.
• Fast 4.7 FPS capture speed and 1/6000 second maximum shutter speeds are possible with the PENTAX PRIME II image processing engine.
• PENTAX Auto Picture and scene modes for almost any situation to help new photographers learn DSLR photography.
• Captures up to 1900 shots with universally available, easy-to-find AA lithium batteries (also compatible with AA NiMH rechargeable and alkaline batteries).