By >Akihabara News Team
Fixstars: Enterprise Linux OS “Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux (YDEL) for NVIDIA CUDA”, optimal GPU Computing
Last year in July Fixstars had released Yellow Dog Linux 6.2 followed by Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux 6.2 for Cell, and this time they offer Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux 6.2 for NVIDIA’s CUDA architecture promising for a less complex and faster GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) Computing. YDEL for CUDA also boasts to be the first enterprise Linux OS built for optimal GPU computing.
The Tokyo-based company Fixstars announces the subscription fee for each server for businesses as 400 USD/year and it is possible to obtain it as well as the non-supported version for educational purposes for free online on Fixstars’ website.
Tokyo – March 2, 2010 – Fixstars releases “Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux for CUDA™”, the first enterprise Linux OS optimized for GPU computing. YDEL for CUDA offers end users, developers and integrators a faster, more reliable, and less complex GPU computing experience.
“With Fixstars providing direct support for CUDA, more researchers, scientists and HPC programmers will be able to take advantage of the performance benefits enabled by massively parallel GPUs.” said Sanford Russell, general manager of GPU Computing at NVIDIA.
Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux for CUDA offers unparalleled integration of the CUDA development environments, greater reliability with GPU computing centric validation. Also included is Fixstars’ own Eclipse-based graphical IDE for CUDA as well as a comprehensive support for both Linux and the CUDA architecture.
“Yellow Dog’s advance to the x86 architecture is without a doubt a monumental event for the operating system, which had been known for the past 10 years as the Linux distribution for the Power Architecture,” said Akihiro Asahara, the development director of YDEL at the Fixstars Corporation. “Since our mission is to provide optimal multi-core solutions, it is only natural that we have come to release this product. YDEL for CUDA is an OS built by CUDA developers for CUDA developers. We hope people enjoy the usability of this product.”
Key benefits of Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux for CUDA:
• YDEL for CUDA users can experience up to a 9% performance improvement in some applications.
• Comprehensive support is offered to paid subscriptions with our skilled team able to assist you with both Linux and CUDA.
• YDEL’s unparalleled integrations means everything you need to write and run CUDA applications is included and configured.
• YDEL includes multiple versions of CUDA and can easily switch between them via a setting in a configuration file or an environment variable.
• Never worry about updates affecting your system, Fixstars offers YDEL users greater reliability with our strenuous test procedures that validate GPU computing functionality and performance.
Fixstars Corporation provides software technology solutions that target GPU and Cell/B.E. computing environments. Its vision is for a future where multi-core microprocessors are the standard. Fixstars accelerates the performance of multi-core based operations through provision of a complete, integrated ecosystem with specific turn-key products for Finance, Medical, Manufacturing, and Digital media markets.