By >Akihabara News Team
[iRex 2009] Build-up your dream girl thanks to Kokoro
During the International Robot Exhibition 2009, Kokoro, a Sanrio Group Company, is presenting two kinds of new products based on the technology which it has cultivated in the field of humanoid robotics such as the well-known « Actroid ».
The Human-Type Head Basic assembly kit, which is dedicated for school education. You will be able to assemble it and your feelings will be the finishing touch. Thanks to this kit, students will be able to learn that a combination of simple mechanisms can produce complicated expressions. Thanks to the Pneumatic equipment, they will have the chance to learn how to use an air cylinder, or to study “link mechanism” (a mechanism to convert the linear movement of cylinders into the rotation movement such as open/close of the jaw) by assembling
the real kit.
- Moving points: 8 axes (Right eye: Right/left, Left eye: Right/left, Eyes: Up/down, Eyelids: Open/close,
Mouth: Open/close, Neck: Back/forth, Neck: Tilt right/left, Neck: Rotate)
- Drive: Pneumatic cylinder (0.2~0.5MPa, 10L/min or more recommended)
- Position detection: Potentiometers are attached to all the axes.
- 8 solenoid valves (3 position valves for “right eye: right/left”, “left eye: right/left” and “eyes: up/down”)
- Power source (IN: AC100~240V, OUT: DC24V (for driving valves) + DC5V (for potentiometers))
- Size: 275(H)x106(W)x185(D) (not including the base)
- Weight: 6kg
The Camera-equipped Eye Movement Unit is mainly designed for image recognition research using robotics camera. You will be able to incorporate it into your robot head and use it as eye cameras for robotics research as well.
- Moving points: 3 axes (Left eye: Right/left, Right eye: Right/left, Eyes: Up/down)
- Drive: Dedicated DC motor (12V, Resolution: 256)
- Position detection: Encoder (Resolution: 256) (Attached to motor)
- Motor driver: (USB connection with an external general-purpose PC) (Accessory: Checker software)
- Camera: (DC12V, 380 thousand pixels video output, AC adapter)
(Accessories: Dedicated power source and video cable)
- Size: 110(H)x106(W)x160(D)
- Weight: 1.5kg or less
- Movable parts and the base can be removed.
- The blue-colored control base holding parts can
also be removed.
Then as the eye unit alone, you can use it in many
ways such as incorporating it into your own robot
It can also support the
independent control of
right/left rotation of the eyes.
The blue-colored control
base holding parts can be
removed and placed