By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Sony Alpha 550, officially announced in Japan (with Video)
Good news for all of you Sony Alpha fans out there. The new α550 DLSR has finally been announced. The new α550 model comes packed with some very impressive features such as a 14.2 mp CMOS Exmor sensor, HDR mode that combines multiple exposures, and 5-level manually selectable Dynamic Range Optimization to highlight just a few. With this new list of features it seems as if Sony is aiming straight at Canon’s 500D and Nikon’s D5000. It would also appear that with most of these specifications, Sony’s α550 slightly out-does both Canon and Nikon. The most notable feature is the inclusion of a second Live View mode which Sony refers to as, “Manual Focus Check Live View”.
• 12.3 and 14.2 mp CMOS Exmor sensors
• Manual Focus Check Live View using the main imaging sensor
• 7fps with focus and exposure locked
• New user interface
• HDR mode that combines multiple exposures
• 5-level manually selectable Dynamic Range Optimization
• Screen articulates up or down by 90 degrees
The α550 body will be sold in Japan late this October and comes with a price tag of 95,000 Yen (725€). The question now is, with Sony breaking down the gaps between amateur DLSR users and pro users, will this be enough to convert people from Canon and Nikon looking to take the next step up?