By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Panasonic Updates Their GH1 Firmware for Better Camera Control
I’m a huge fan of my Lumix GH1, a great little camera with stunning HD video capabilities, and yesterday Panasonic released 2 firmware update for the GH1, one for the camera the other for the 14-140 HD lens (as well as one firmware update for the G1).
Below you’ll find a list of modifications. However, if you own a Japanese GH1 don’t expect English support once updated, even after using Panasonic’s English website. I tried last night, didn’t work….
Firmware V1.1 for the Body
1. Burst speed has become faster.
Only when the [BURST RATE] in the [REC] mode menu is set to [H], Burst speed was increased from 3 pictures/second to 3.5 pictures/second.
2. Shutter speed slower than 1/30 sec. (up to 1/2 sec.) has now become available in the Creative Motion Picture mode [ ].
Only when the [EXPOSURE MODE] in the [MOTION PICTURE] mode menu is set to [M], and the focus mode dial is set to [MF].
Please note that the shutter speed slower than 1/30 sec. can not be set, when the [REC MODE] in the [MOTION PICTURE] mode menu is set to [AVCHD]([ ]), and [REC QUALITY] is set to [FHD]([ ]).
3. Improved the stability of AF(Auto Focus) in Motion Picture recording.
4. Improved the stability of [AFC] operation in Focus mode.
5. Improved the performance of AWB (Auto White Balance).
6. Improved the S/N figure for the pictures taken with slow shutter speed.
7. Fixed the instability of operation when the lens is retracted into its barrel, using Olympus Imaging Corporation’s M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 lens.
8. Fixed the instability of operation, using Olympus Imaging Corporation’s M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm f2.8 lens.
9. Improved the battery identification to assure the safety standards Panasonic uses for our customer’s safety.
Firmware V1.1 for the Lens
1. Improved the operation of O.I.S. in Motion Picture recording.
2. Fixed the instability of operation with Olympus Imaging Corporation’s E-P1 camera body.