By >Akihabara News Team
Toshiba Releases Their Latest Gaming Laptop, the Stunning Qosmio X305-Q708
Toshiba released their Premium Gaming Laptop, the Qosmio X305-Q708. It features a 17-Inch widescreen TruBrite display, an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 CPU, NIVDIA GeForce 9800M GTS GPUs, 4GB of DDR3 RAM (1066MHz), 320GB of HDD (7,2000rpm), 128GB of SSD, full-size keyboard with 10-key pas, four Harman Kardon stereo speakers with built-in subwoofer, HDMI and DisplayPort connectors, WiFi b/g/n, a DVD SuperMulti Drive, and Bluetooth 2.1.
You’ll have shell out 3150€ for this monster.
IRVINE, Calif.–Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today released the Qosmio® X305-Q708 gaming laptop, the latest iteration from its flagship gaming line. With a stunning 17-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite® display and the latest technology advancements from NVIDIA and Intel, the Qosmio X305-Q708 laptop is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance to gamers and multimedia enthusiasts.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is Toshiba’s most powerful gaming laptop to date. Powered by an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme quad-core processor(1) and Dual GPU NVIDIA technology, the Qosmio X305-Q708 is able to slice through the latest graphic-intensive games at high speeds and screen resolutions.
Providing optimal performance, the Intel Core 2 Quad processors(1) are designed upon the latest 45nm Intel technology for a quicker, cooler mobile gaming experience. Incorporating four processing cores, the Intel processor delivers greater efficiencies for the most demanding games. Additionally, the inclusion of dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS GPUs with NVIDIA SLi® technology, as well as 1GB of DDR3 discrete graphics(2) memory, is able to deliver an uncompromising gaming experience with blazing-fast frame rates and high-intensity visuals to gamers on-the-go.
“The key to a laptop’s gaming prowess is unlocked with the graphics technology that it employs,” said Rene Haas, general manager of the mobile business unit at NVIDIA. “Through our powerful GeForce 9800M GTS GPU, the Qosmio X305 laptop has the power to take mobile gaming to new heights, and offer Toshiba customers a truly compelling visual computing experience on the go.”
To raise the performance bar even further, Toshiba has integrated the latest solid state storage technology into the laptop. The 128GB primary drive(3) consists of NAND flash memory which delivers faster access times and data transfer rates. Paired with a 7200rpm secondary 320GB hard disc drive(3), the solid state drive will take gaming performance to the next level.
“At Toshiba we relentlessly pursue innovative solutions as a means to supply our consumers with the best possible technology,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The Qosmio X305-Q708 is a serious gaming machine, and an example of that pursuit.”
The Qosmio X305-Q708 features Toshiba’s trademark “fiery” Fusion™ finish with Rogue design. Other key features include:
* 4GB of DDR3 RAM(4) (1066MHz), which nearly doubles the speed of standard DDR2 RAM (667MHz) for quicker boot times and multitasking.
* Full-size keyboard with 10-key pad for greater comfort and proficiency.
* Four Harman Kardon® stereo speakers with built-in subwoofer for a rich and cinematic gaming experience.
* HDMI and DisplayPort connectors to multiply your viewing experience. A superior alternative to VGA and DVI, DisplayPort flat-panel displays in a resolution up to 2560×1600, while HDMI extends full 1080p support to HD displays.
* A built-in 1.3 mega-pixel Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition for convenient communication and security.
* Wireless USB and USB Sleep-and-Charge(5)
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is now available for purchase directly from Toshiba at www.toshibadirect.com, additionally a variation model of the Qosmio X305 is available at a variety of major consumer electronic and computer stores nationwide for an MSRP of $4,199.99(6). Detailed product information about the Qosmio X305 family of gaming laptops is available at www.explore.toshiba.com/X305.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 laptop is available in the following configuration:
Qosmio X305-Q708 Unique Specifications (MRSP $4,199.99(6))
– OS selection at first boot:
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Ultimate (SP1, 64-bit(7) version) (default)
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Ultimate (SP1, 32-bit version)
– Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Extreme Processor(1) QX9300
– 4096MB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM(4)
– 128GB Serial ATA SSD(3)
– 320GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA HDD(3)
DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) drive with Labelflash(TM) supporting 11 formats
– NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 9400M chipset with NVIDIA Hybrid SLI(R) technology
– DualNVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 9800M GTS graphics with NVIDIA(R) SLI(R) technology 512MBx2 GDDR3 discrete graphics(2) memory
– Atheros(R) 802.11 b/g/n wireless-LAN
– Bluetooth(R) version 2.1 + EDR
– One-year warranty(9)
Multimedia: Qosmio X305 Series
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(10), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile product and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing US$76 billion. For more information on Toshiba’s leading innovations, visit the company’s Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Drive Capacity. Drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
4. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
5. USB Sleep & Charge. The “USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
6. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufactures Suggested Retail Price.”
7. 64-Bit Computing. See 64-Bit Computing Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
8. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
9. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, and extended warranty and service upgrade plans are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
10. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.