By >Akihabara News Team
Epson to Ship Thier 1080p PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 and 7500UB this Winter
Epson also introduced the PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 and 7500UB at CEDIA 2008. Both are 3LCD Full HD projectors, providing a dynamic contrast ratio of 18,000:1 (PowerLite 7100) and 75,000:1 (PowerLite 7500).
The 7500 also features Epson’s new FineFrame TM Technology that delivers substantially smoother and sharper motion pictures, and the HQV Reon-VX video processor.
The PowerLite 7100, it provides a brightness of 1,800 Lumens.
Both are equipped with the Dynamic Iris System, cinema filter, OptiCinema, E-TORL… As for a release date, the PowerLite 7100 will be available in November for 2000€, and the PowerLite 7500UB should be available this December for 3000€.
More information on the official press release below:
DENVER, Colo. – Sept. 4, 2008 – Epson America announces today at CEDIA Expo 2008 two home theater projectors designed to meet the expanding needs of both custom installers and home theater enthusiasts. The PowerLite® Pro Cinema 7100 and 7500 UB feature true 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) resolution using the latest generation 3LCD chips with D7 technology to deliver substantially higher contrast and brightness. These projectors also give professional installers the benefits of ISF Certification and other features that help ensure their clients’ projectors deliver the most brilliant image quality possible.
Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwidei, has packed the Pro Cinema 7100 and 7500 UB with advanced 3LCD technologies and impressive features to offer top-of-the-line projectors in each of their respective categories, sub $3,000 and sub-$4,500. Epson’s D7 high definition 3LCD technology is at the core of each projector’s optical imaging engine, delivering realistic and vibrant colors without the possibility of color break-up, unlike projectors that use a spinning color wheel with a white segment. This latest technology delivers significantly improved contrast, with the Pro Cinema 7100 attaining an 18,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and the Pro Cinema 7500 UB reaching an industry unprecedented 75,000:1, resulting in brighter whites and darker blacks.
“Epson is committed to providing the custom installation channel with high-performing, high quality products that are designed to support enormously successful businesses,” said Rajeev Mishra, director, Projector Marketing and Development, Epson America. “The latest additions to the Pro Cinema home theater line allow installers to provide their customers with the greatest performance and quality combination available today.”
Flagship Epson Pro Cinema 7500 UB
Housed in a newly-designed sleek all-black casing, the flagship Pro Cinema 7500 UB features a host of technological refinements and upgrades to provide the ultimate at-home big-screen experience, including C2Fine ™ technology for visibly increased high definition picture detail, Epson’s exclusive UltraBlack™ technology, and new Vertical Alignment technology that together combine to deliver a new industry standard of deep blacks and impressive brightness and contrast.
For optimum picture detail with both movie- and video-originated content, the Pro Cinema 7500 UB also adds Epson’s new FineFrameTM technology to deliver substantially smoother and sharper motion pictures while eliminating judder. Additionally, Epson’s new 12-bit 3LCD driver technology provides a dramatically increased color gamut over 10-bit drivers, which translates into 68.72 billion available colors. This eliminates gradation artifacts to provide a much smoother, natural-looking picture. The Pro Cinema 7500 UB is also equipped with Silicon Optix’s HQV Reon-VX scaling and deinterlacing video processor for true four-field deinterlacing and scaling of 1080i HD signals, and features impressive noise reduction tools to eliminate mosquito and block noise, along with multi-level contrast enhancement and other picture improvement options. Typically found only on high-end high definition broadcast monitors, the Pro Cinema 7500 UB also features Color Space selection, which allows a user to select between the three industry color space standards – SMPTE-C for standard definition (Rec.601), HD (Rec. 709) for high definition, and EBU to match the European PAL video standard.
The Pro Cinema 7500 UB offers the ultimate widescreen high definition experience with anamorphic lens compatibility and “vertical stretch” picture mode. With an optional external anamorphic lens (available from Epson) , the viewer can use the Pro Cinema 7500 UB with a cinematic-sized front projection widescreen for true 2.35:1 and 2.40:1 ultra widescreen viewing, eliminating the black bars above and below the picture for a full theatrical image.
Full-Featured Epson Pro Cinema 7100
Featuring a stylish black and silver design, the new PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 is a high-performing projector featuring native 1080p resolution, higher brightness of up to 1,800 lumens and superb contrast of up to 18,000:1. For easy set-up and calibration, the Pro Cinema 7100 offers ISF Day and Night modes which provide for easy one-button switching between picture modes and lamp output, as well as Epson’s Color Isolation system to allow for quick, easy and accurate fine-tuning of color saturation and hue without the need for blue and red optical filters.
Shared Features of the Pro Cinema Line
The Pro Cinema home theater projector line integrates a range of value-add features with high-performance and versatility, including:
• Dynamic Iris System: Exclusive system makes automatic light output adjustments at up to 120 times per second – ideal for fast-action movies.
• Cinema Filter: Unique feature delivers larger color space for improved color accuracy and a more film-like image.
• OptiCinema™ Multi-Lens Optics System: Developed by Epson and Fujinon – the leading provider of precision optics to the digital film and HDTV camera industry – the OptiCinema lens delivers clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen while providing users with more options and flexibility in terms of where they wish to install the projector.
• E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp): Exclusive and newly-updated 200 watt high efficiency light source delivers optimum light uniformity and increased white and color light output for larger screen sizes (more than ten feet diagonal); both models come equipped with a spare lamp.
• ISF Certification: Suite of video calibration tools allow installers and calibrators to fine-tune picture quality and match output with front projection screens.
• New Airflow System: Enhanced airflow system contributes to more efficient use of power, reduced cool-down periods and lower fan speeds that result in quieter operation (only 22 db); new system also takes advantage of an advanced air filtration system with 98 percent efficiency for longer filter life.
• Input Options: Panel features high definition component video input, dual HDMI 1.3a digital inputs, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA-type RGB input (D-sub 15).
• Installation Versatility: Installer-friendly features include a ceiling mount, reversible front panel Epson logo that can be reoriented for various mounting positions, included rear panel cable cover to hide wires from the input panel and an integrated cable hook to ensure connections remain secure.
Availability and Support
The Epson Pro Cinema 7100 is available in November and the Pro Cinema 7500 UB will be available in December through authorized Epson projector dealers and select retail outlets; pricing will be available at that time. The projector also comes with the service and support only Epson can offer, including a three-year limited warranty with toll-free access to PrivateLineSM, Epson’s priority technical support, and free overnight exchange with ExtraCareSM Home Service.
About 3LCD Technology
3LCD is the world’s leading projection technology, delivering unbelievably bright and natural color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability. Using an advanced, 3-chip optical engine, 3LCD offers full-time color for brilliant quality images without the possibility of color break-up. 3LCD is based on LCD technology, which is used by leading manufacturers worldwide for the ultimate viewing experience in flat panel TVs and projectors. To find out why more users choose 3LCD than all other projection technologies combined and to get the latest list of leading companies offering 3LCD technology in their products, visit the 3LCD website at http://www.3LCD.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.