By >Akihabara News Team
Sanyo Extends the “Eneloop Universe” with Nifty Products
Sanyo extended the Eneloop Universe with new products, like the Solar Light with USB power port, the rechargeable lap blanket, the rechargeable Eneloop Kairo, and the rechargeable portable warmer.
- The splash proof Solar Light features one HIT solar cell, two types of LED lights (panel light / beam light) to be used either as a room light or flashlight (torch if you prefer). I’s also equipped with a built-in USB power port for charging cell phone batteries–good for up to one full charge for most cell phones.
- The Eneloop soft warmer features a built-in rechargeable battery allowing the blanket to be warmed without being plugged in. This splash proof device is also equipped with a microcomputer control to prevent the temperature from rising to high.
- Sanyo also announced a new type of rechargeable hand warmer, in addition to the regular one we’ve seen before. The rechargeable hand warmer Eneloop Kairo is a highly popular and well received hand warmer in Japan (we couldn’t even get one last year because they sold out so fast). This new model warms on both sides, is equipped with a PTC heater, a microcomputer control to prevent overheating, new rapid heating turbo mode.
Sanyo also released an updated 2008 version of the immensely popular ‘egg-style’ Kairo. There was a demand for a soft carrying case, which Sanyo has picked up on and decided to provide.
- The rechargeable portable warmer, Eneloop Anka, is to warm your bed for 8 or 9 hours (high mode) and 10 or 12 hours (low mode). This is an improvement over last year’s model.
Thank you to Sanyo for pictures.
Tokyo, September 2, 2008 – SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. (SANYO) is pleased to announce the new release of a new ‘eneloop solar light’ equipped with a USB power port, the ‘eneloop soft warmer’ features a rechargeable battery allowing the small electrical blanket to be warmed even when no AC power is immediately available, the new version of the ‘eneloop kairo’ which is a hand warmer that is fully rechargeable and reusable, warming now on both sides, and the ‘eneloop anka’ a portable warmer that can be used all night as it has been upgraded since last year. These new products will all be included in the highly popular ‘eneloop universe’ product series, and are set to be on sale in Japan from October 10, 2008.
SANYO will continue to globally expand the ‘eneloop universe products’ to promote the new lifestyle of “reusing instead of disposing” to become more convenient and accessible.
-’eneloop solar light’: lights up with solar energy and is equipped with USB power port
-’eneloop soft warmer’: a rechargeable lap blanket that gives a soft-touch of warmth and comfort
-’eneloop kairo’(KIR-SL1S): hand warmer now warms on both sides with an easy-to-replace ‘AA-size eneloop’
-’eneloop kairo’ (KIR-S3S) and ‘eneloop anka’, the rechargeable portable warmer’, are upgraded to include a dedicated portable case (eneloop kairo) and longer heating duration (eneloop anka)
*1 Open price does not set manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
Main Features: Solar light equipped with USB power port – ‘eneloop solar light’
1. Equipped with SANYO’s high efficiency “HIT solar cell*2″, which can be used in locations without AC power supply or in the event of emergencies such as natural disasters
- Equipped with the proprietary high efficiency ‘HIT solar cell*2′, a product originally developed by SANYO, installed in various roof forms worldwide
- Generates power making 100% use from clean solar energy
- Rechargeable battery built-in to store the solar energy
- Use in locations without AC power supply, such as the great outdoors
- Great as a flashlight or room light in the case of an emergency such as a natural disaster
2. Equipped with a ‘USB output socket’ which can charge cell phones at times of emergency
- USB power port built-in on the body of the light allows stored solar energy to be used to charge other power-hungry devices
- Internal battery stores enough energy to charge a cell phone battery once*3
3. Two kinds of LED light (panel light / beam light) adjusts light-type for different purposes
- Highly bright LED ‘panel light’ can be used as a room light for smaller spaces, such as tents or smaller rooms
- LED ‘beam light’ can be used as a flashlight
- Lighting pattern for ‘panel light’ has three levels: 9 lights (full light) / 5 lights / 1 light
- Perfect to use in everyday or emergency situations
- “Splash proof” water resistance (conforms to JIS IPX4 standard*4)
- Includes the ‘AC adaptor’ to enable charging from an AC power supply
- Includes the ‘dedicated strap’ which can be attached to the shoulder or tent hooks
‘eneloop warmer series’
Main Features: Rechargeable lap blanket ‘eneloop soft warmer’
1. Rechargeable, enabling a wide range of use
- Built-in rechargeable battery allows the blanket to be warm even when not plugged in
- Use in wide range of settings, i.e. outdoors, at the office, the movie theater, or other cold places
2. ‘ Separable heater mat & dedicated cover’, allows individual use of the heater mat (heated area)
- Heater mat (heated portion of blanket) and dedicated cover can be separated
- Separable design allows flexibility to be used in bed covers or sleeping bags
- Heater mat is able to be hand-washed with the controller detached
- Custom cover is hand-washable (ENW-SW2S), or can be wiped with a wet cloth (ENW-SW1S)
- Controller is “splash proof” (meets JIS IPX4 standards*4) for use outdoors
3. ‘Microcomputer control’ that prevents the temperature from rising too high.
- Microcomputer control maintains temperature at a level to prevent low temperature burns
- Two levels for temperature, ‘standard mode’ and ‘high mode’, available
- Includes 3-level-indicator showing battery charge status
- Includes ‘AC adaptor’ for use with the AC power supply.
Main Features: rechargeable hand warmer ‘eneloop kairo’ (double-side heating type)
1. Rechargeable hand warmer warms on both sides
- New aluminum case and small controller unit works together with two built-in PTC heaters*5
- New construction allows ‘double-sided heating method’
- Warms both palm and fingers when held, as both sides conduct heat
2. Operates on two easy-to-replace ‘AA-size eneloop’ which can also be used as an eneloop charger
- Operates on two AA-size eneloop batteries (included with warmer)
- Exchange the used batteries with charged eneloop when the power runs out
- Doubles as an eneloop charger, charging when plugged in and not in use as a warmer
3. Equipped with a ‘PTC heater*5′ and ‘microcomputer control’ that prevents overheating & new rapid heating ‘turbo mode’
- PTC heater*5 and microcomputer control device prevent temperature from rising too high
- Maintains temperature at a comfortable level, preventing low temperature burns
- High and low modes available
- New ‘turbo mode’ allows warmer to be headed rapidly
- Includes a 3-level indicator that shows battery status
- Dedicated portable cloth case that protects the warmer from external damage included
Main Features: ‘eneloop kairo’ and ‘eneloop anka’ 2008 versions
‘eneloop kairo’ 2008 version : includes a dedicated portable case
- Much-awaited dedicated portable cloth case protects the warmer from external damage.
‘eneloop anka’ 2008 version : with longer heating duration to last all night
- Basic functions remain intact from 2007 version
- Heating duration improved: High mode, from 8 to 9 hours; Low mode, from 10 to 12 hours
- Longer heating durations allows the portable warmer to be used all night
Outline and Background
‘eneloop’ was developed on the concept of “looping energy”. Since first releasing the revolutionary ‘eneloop’, a AA-sized Nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery in November 2005, SANYO has designed and developed various battery cells, such as AAA-size ‘eneloop’ or the recently announced C- and D-size ‘eneloop’ and ‘universal charger’ in response to popular demand. With these ‘eneloop’ battery solutions, SANYO proposes creating a new “lifestyle that values reusing and recycling”, contrary to the popular “use and throw away” lifestyle. The ‘eneloop’ battery combines the benefits of dry cell batteries by coming pre-charged with the economic and environmental benefits of rechargeable batteries, rechargeable up to 1,000 times. Having received and still continuing to receive high market acclaim, ‘eneloop’ battery shipments have reached an amazing cumulative total of more than 60 million cells to more than 61 countries worldwide (as of August 31, 2008 ).
In addition, SANYO has created a product series based on the ‘eneloop’ concept of “a lifestyle that values reusing and recycling” named the ‘eneloop universe’. In October 2006, SANYO released the ‘eneloop solar charger’, a 100% renewable sun-energy-based solar charger capable of charging ‘eneloop’ battery cells, and the ‘eneloop kairo’, a rechargeable hand warmer that can be used repeatedly. Last year the USB eneloop charger, the rechargeable portable warmer ‘eneloop anka’ and the ‘eneloop mobile booster’, a charger set with a USB power port and a lithium-ion battery, was released. In February 2008 the ‘eneloop air fresher’, a portable air purifier equipped with the ‘virus washer’ function was released, expanding the lineup that aims to enhance the quality of life, while focusing on “reusing and recycling”.