By >Daimaou - G.G-B
IFA 2008 – BRAVIA Theatre BDV-IT1000: Blu-ray Disc and Super-slim Speakers Make a Sweet Combination
IFA Berlin, 28 August 2008 – In Japan, there’s a popular snack called Pocky® – a very thin, chocolate covered pretzel stick. And ‘Pocky’ is the code name Sony used during the development of the brand-new BRAVIA™ Theatre BDV-IT1000 Blu-ray Disc™ home cinema system. Why? It’s simple: the speakers used in the system look just as slim as the snack!
That’s made possible by an amazingly compact full-range speaker drive-unit developed by Sony’s engineers: just 16mm wide, it’s about the width of a finger. Three of these extremely narrow drive-units are used in each of the front and centre speakers, and two in the rear speakers.
And that’s not the only amazing technology in this superb new system: the BDV-IT1000 includes everything you need to experience the amazing audio and video quality of Blu-ray Disc, make the most of your existing DVD collection, connect up external HD sources such as the PLAYSTATION®3 or an HDTV tuner, and even enjoy music stored on portable devices or a wi-fi network.
BDV-IT1000: the perfect solution for HD home cinema entertainment
Built into the main control unit of the system is a Blu-ray drive able to deliver the amazing quality of Blu-ray Disc, and also upscale all your DVDs to 1080p quality. What’s more it’s BD-Live Ready, able to be upgraded with a simple download via its Ethernet port and the addition of a USB flash memory device. Then it will bring you even more of the movie experience by downloading extra BD-Live content from the internet – trailers, extra features, and extended information connected to the movie you’re watching.
With Blu-ray Disc titles it can deliver the full cinema experience, with 1080/24p picture resolution, Deep Color and x.v.Colour, and it will also decode and play the latest High-Definition audio formats – Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio – for better than CD quality sound to match its amazing pictures.
Power to match the precision
The BDV-IT1000 packs a total of 700Watts of Sony’s 32-bit Full Digital S-Master amplifier power, and this is fed through five slim, elegant speakers – four complete with floor-stands for the front and rear left/right channels, and a horizontal centre speaker – and a subwoofer, to deliver all the impact of big movie soundtracks. The speakers are also fully versatile: the modular design means they can also stand on desktops or be wall-mounted. And with the wireless kit included, you don’t even need to run cables round the room to the rear speakers. The wireless unit powers the rear speakers for pure, interference-free surround effects.
Superb home cinema made simple
The system is extremely easy to set-up and use. At the push of a button, Sony’s Digital Cinema Auto Calibration detects where the speakers have been placed and calculates the ideal volume, delay and frequency settings for optimum sound settings. You can even start movies from standby at the touch of just one button, controlling the BDV-IT1000 with the latest BRAVIA LCD TV and other compatible devices thanks to BRAVIA Sync. The XrossMediaBar™ onscreen user interface – also found on the PLAYSTATION 3 – makes settings and operation simple, whether watching movies, playing music or listening to the built-in FM RDS/AM radio.
Music on portable devices can be streamed to the system with Sony’s DIGITAL MEDIA PORT, allowing easy connection to MP3 players, music-capable Bluetooth® mobile phones and computers via Wi-Fi. Meanwhile the Portable Audio Enhancer expands the sound of compressed music from portable players.
The BRAVIA Theatre BDV-IT1000 – the ultimate home cinema in a box system, delivering superb performance, simple operation and clean, stylish looks.
BDV-IT1000 at a glance
* Super-slim speakers made possible by finger-sized full-range drive units
* All-in-one home cinema system with integrated Blu-ray Disc drive
* Full HD 1080/24p picture quality with Deep Color and x.v.Colour
* Wireless rear speakers for great surround effects without cables
* BD-Live Ready: upgradable to Profile 2.0 for extra content and downloads via Ethernet port
* DVD upscaling to 1080p
* Two HDMI input terminals for connection of games consoles, HD TV decoder boxes or other sources, and one HDMI output
* Optical digital and analogue stereo inputs. Also composite/component video in
* Upconversion to HDMI for analogue sources
* Fast, perfect ‘one-touch’ set-up with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
* BRAVIA Sync for integrated operation with other Sony components
* XrossMediaBar onscreen display for simple, logical operation of all functions
* Connectivity with Network WALKMAN® and iPod® players, Bluetooth devices and home Wi-Fi networks via DIGITAL MEDIA PORT, plus Portable Audio Enhancer
* 700W total power: 5x100W plus 2x100W for subwoofer, using efficient, high-quality 32-bit S-Master digital amplification.