By >Akihabara News Team
FujifilmFine Pix Z200fd Available in the US in September
Fujfilm announced its new FinePix Z200fd digital camera from its Z-Series line-up, (introduced here) will be available in the US in September for 190€.
Our 10 Mpix point & shoot features a 5x optical zoom, 1/2.3″ CCD Sensor, 52MB of memory, 2.7″ LCD screen, an ISO sensitivity up to 1600, and xD/SD/SDHC card slot. It’s also equipped with Couple Time Mode that detects two faces and automatically takes pictures when faces are close enough, Dual Image Stabilization, Dual Shoot Mode…
Valhalla, NY, July 31, 2008 – FUJIFILM U.S.A, Inc. today introduced a new model in its ultra-compact, fashionista Z-series lineup – the FinePix Z200fd. Versatility and style abound in four striking colors combinations; this glam-cam is sure to turn heads wherever you decide to capture the moment.
Despite being only 20.0mm thick, the 10-MegaPixel FinePix Z200fd touts cutting-edge technology and advanced features including a Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens, a high-resolution, scratch-resistant 2.7″ LCD and sensitivity settings of up to ISO 1600 that enable partygoers to take beautiful, natural-looking images without flash, retaining the atmosphere of twilight and late-night events.
Featuring Fujifilm’s acclaimed Face Detection Technology, now working in tandem with automatic red-eye removal, the FinePix Z200fd makes it easy to capture your friends’ good sides. At the press of a button, this mode identifies up to 10 human faces in a scene, and sets the correct focus and exposure, regardless of where subjects are located within the frame. The FinePix Z200fd then instantly checks each detected face for red eye, and if found, corrects it automatically in the camera, avoiding the process of editing later.
Timing Is Everything
The FinePix Z200fd debuts Fujifilm’s new Couple Timer Mode and Group Timer Mode, ensuring you can appear in every shot you take, even when there’s no-one else around to take the picture! Working in conjunction with Face Detection Technology, these self-timer modes automatically capture the image when the camera has detected faces in a frame.
* Couple Timer Mode detects two faces in a frame and will automatically take the picture as the two faces come closer together. This mode has three settings so users can set the timer to detect faces at specific distances, depending on how close you really are!
* Group Timer Mode automatically sets the timer to take the shot when up to four faces have been detected in the frame. Users can simply select the number of faces in the frame, and then jump in front of the camera to pose with the group – ensuring that you appear in the stunning shots you take with the Z200fd.
Other noteworthy features found on the FinePix Z200fd include:
* Dual Image Stabilization: Dual Image Stabilization marries a mechanically stabilized CCD with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection.
* Dual Shot Mode: In this mode the FinePix Z200fd quickly shoots two images in succession — one with and one without the flash — saving both. This convenient function lets the user perform an on-the-spot picture comparison and decide whether the FinePix Z200fd produced the most pleasing photo with flash, or without.
* Rotary Dial Menu: The Rotary Dial provides easy control and selection of the convenient functions, and lets the operator swiftly scroll and select anything from scene positions to thumbnails.
* Blog Mode: Blog Mode automatically resizes any image captured to a properly sized 640×480 pixels (VGA) or 320×240 pixels (QVGA)image size, and allows for in-camera editing, such as Illustration and Painting to add an artistic flair, saving time from downloading it and adjusting it on a PC.
* Movie Mode: Capture VGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you’re out and you don’t have your video camera on-hand.
* Photo Folder Management: This useful new feature organizes photos right in the camera, with five pre-set file folders that can be easily downloaded to your computer for convenient image management. Pre-set folders include: Travel, Family, Favorites, My Pictures, and Events.
* i-Flash Intelligent Flash: i-Flash detects subtle lighting differences within a scene, and then varies the flash intensity accordingly. It also leverages the high sensitivity of the FinePix Z200fd to enable the camera to use less flash, preventing that “blasted with light” effect that so many digital camera flashes leave you with. The result is pleasing, natural tones with no flash “wash-out”.
* Special Scene Modes: The FinePix Z200fd has 16 scene positions including ‘Fireworks,’ ‘Beach,’ ‘Party,’ and ‘Under Water’ offering a one-touch setting for almost any situation.
* Auction Mode: Fujifilm’s Auction mode makes it easy to create merged image formats suitable for use on auction websites or to add a creative flair to your images.
* Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index print-style image on the LCD. The FinePix Z200fd will show up to 100 images in micro form. Control buttons are used to move over specific images and select them. This makes it easy to quickly find a single image by being able to jump to particular segments of images in the time sequence.
* IrSimple™: Infrared communication via IrSimple™ technology for fast, easy wireless image transfer to a compatible device.
* xD / SD / SDHC Compatible slot: A single media slot that accepts both xD picture cards and SD/SDHC media cards.
“The FinePix Z200fd lets you focus on your style with the perfect digital camera for consumers looking for a combination of cutting-edge technology and a chic, sophisticated design,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. “We believe consumers shouldn’t have to sacrifice performance for form or function.”
The FinePix Z200fd will debut in September at a retail price of $299.95.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2007, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of $24.7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.