By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Sanyo Announces a New Xacti Compact HD Camera, the HD800, Hands-On
Here’s the DMX-HD800, the latest 720p HD camera from Sanyo. Available in Gold, Pink and Black, this 8Mpix camera is capable of recording video in 720p (1280×720) and uses the AVC/H.264 video codec. Receiving the face chaser module, our camera also has an improved interface to quickly download video from the camera to a PC.
The MAJOR improvement as far as we are concerned is the HUGE step forward in video quality. Believe us, the change is AMAZING, compared to the 700. Sanyo also worked very hard on noise reduction, and with these improvements the new HD800 is by far THE real and affordable HD compact camera killer!
SANYO’s Sleek, Slim HD*1 Xacti Digital Video Image Quality Improved
One unit takes both HD videos and high-resolution stills, and easy to use with the Internet!
Tokyo, July 30, 2008 – SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. (SANYO) announces the DMX-HD800, a new sleek, slim high definition dual camera Xacti that can take both stills and videos. The camera sports a compact and light-weight body, and easily saves data onto SD/SDHC memory cards for convenience. The DMX-HD800 will take stills and videos used on a personal computer or for the Web, houses a new three-dimensional digital noise reduction (3DDNR) filter, and adds the ‘Face Chaser’ for both stills and videos with an active scanner visible on the monitor.
On the new product launch, Hideki Toyoda, General Manager of SANYO’s Digital System Company, DI Company Products Planning Department, said, “The DMX-HD800 has not only has it been designed to be sleek and stylish, but it now offers our unique three-dimensional digital noise reduction (3DDNR) filter, which allows clear, beautiful images with simple operation of a dual camera offering high resolution stills and HD videos in a single unit.”
Compact, light-weight camera capable of high definition movies compatible with personal
computers and/or upload video data to the Internet
- Easily drag and drop recorded files on to the hard drive or upload to the Internet
- Ideal for website-use/blog-use videos as well as standard video creation
- Take either high definition videos (1280 x 720, 720p) or 8.0-Megapixel still images with one
- Snap photos anytime, even during video filming, without changing modes or pausing the viedo
- Preview the frame for photos while still recording video with the one-push ‘Photo View’ button
- Uses AVC/H.264 codec format for longer, higher quality recording than traditional codecs