Sony – World’s thinnest 10 inch tablet “Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Model” with waterproof/dust-proof performance
At Mobile World Congress, Sony announced their new super-thin waterproof Android tablet that we had the chance to preview at the NTT Docomo Spring 2013 product roll-out in January.
Sony’s new “Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Model” that will be released by NTT Docomo is currently the thinnest among the 10-inch class tablets. The thinnest part is only 6.9 mm (thickest is 7.2mm) and it weights 495g. It is waterproof and dust-proof so it is very convenient where and how it can be used.
It has incorporated “Reality Display” that Sony says gives it a higher-resolution experience than a full HD display, and it has a camera featuring the “Exmor R for mobile” image sensor for the first time in an Xperia tablet.
Also “One-touch” function allows “Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Model” to connect wirelessly to other NFC devices and play/share photos and music, etc.
It will go on sale on April 13.
- Size: 172mm × 266 mm × 6.9-7.2mm
- Weight: 495g
- Platform: Android™ 4.1
- Display: 10.1 inch WUXGA Reality Display
- CPU: 1.5GHz Quad Core
- Network: Wi-Fi(IEEE802.11a/b/g/n)
- Storage: 32GB
- Output: Micro USB, Microphone, Headphone, Stereo Speaker
- Compatible with: Bluetooth, Infrared-ray communication, NFC
- Camera: 2.2MP, 8.1MP, CMOS Sensor “Exmor R for mobile”
- Battery life: Video play: 10 hours, Web surfing through Wi-Fi: 8 hours