Nikon – D7100 – New flagship HD-SLR camera – Light and compact, with high-level specs
Nikon has introduced its latest and greatest HD-SLR (single-lens reflex) camera due to be ready for sale in March.
Compact and lightweight magnesium alloy body with a specially designed 24.1 megapixel image sensor, superior low-light performance, ultra-precise autofocus and metering and advanced video recording.
It employs Nikon’s unique DX-format CMOS image sensor, which can be paired with NIKKOR DX- and FX-format lenses.
The specs on this camera are nice:
- 51-point auto-focus system
- 1.3x crop of DX for further reach
- 7 frames per second continuous shooting
- Large and clear 3.2-inch LCD monitor with 1.2m resolution and RDBW alignment
- Full HD 1080p movies, with slow-motion and time-lapse sequences
- The optical low-pass filter is not needed because of enhanced resolution
- Dimensions: 135.5mm (width) x 106.5mm (height) x 76mm (depth)
- Weight: 675g
- Wi-Fi functional
- SD, SDHC, SDXC storage
Pricing for the base camera planned to be about 140,000 yen in Japan, $1,200 in the US.