LG Electronics – Optimus G Pro – 5.5 inch, first Full HD smartphone will launch in Korea
There is a growing demand for smartphones with large screens - so called "phablets" - and LG has introduced a nice high-spec one with its latest addition to the G family in Korea.
Its 5.5 inch Full HD IPS display is the largest display yet on an LG smartphone. It is 4G LTE-equipped, 1.7 Quad Core and delivers 1920 x 1080 pixels at 400ppi. It also has the largest battery capacity in its class at 3,140mAh, and an improved 13MP rear and 2.1MP front camera to allow users to capture images and videos in Full HD, the same quality found on high-def TVs.
It also comes with advanced UX features, developed specifically for the device, such as Dual Recording and Virtual Reality (VR) Panorama. Dual Recording allows users to capture video with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously for a unique picture-in-picture experience. VR Panorama allows shots of entire horizontal and vertical environments for a full 360 degree view.
- Chipset: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm? Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Memory: 32GB / microSD (up to 32GB)
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels / 400ppi)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with LED Flash / Front 2.1MP
- OS: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery: 3,140mAh (removable / wireless charging capable)
- Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm