By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Olympus bring the SZ-31MR in Japan and announces the Tough TG-1
Announced earlier this year overseas, the SZ-31MR, a nice 16Mpix Shooter capable to record video in 1080/60p and featuring a nice 24x optical zoom, has finally been announced in Japan and schedule to arrive later this month at around 45,000 Yen (roughly 14,000 Yen more expensive than in the USA).
But what’s matter here today is the launch of this new Olympus Tough TG-1, a new rugged camera capable to withstand the worse by being Waterproof, Shockproof, Freezeproof, Crushproof and Dustproof! Indeed our little buddy is capable to resist to pressures up to 100kg, a fall from up to 2m, dive up to 12m under the sea and “freeze to death” up to -10℃! The TG-1 is also a very capable camera which comes with a GPS, his technology, a 12Mpix CMOS sensor, Dual IS and record 1080p video as well as 3D Photos! The TG-1 will be available in Japan around June at around 50,000 Yen (roughly 18,000 Yen more expensive than in the USA).
Let there be light
No matter how tough your camera, in the end it’s excellent picture quality that counts. And picture quality is what the new TOUGH flagship is all about. Its f2.0 super-bright, high-speed lens gives the name TOUGH a new meaning – it’s really tough to get anything less than an outstanding shot. The lens is an eye-opening example of cutting-edge optical engineering. Combined with the powerful TruePic VI image processor and 12-Megapixel low-noise, high-sensitivity CMOS sensor, this lens makes it possible to shoot pictures that until now simply weren’t feasible with an outdoor-proof camera at this price. In low light conditions and with fast-moving, auto-focussed images, the new lens transforms the range of shots you can take. The TG-1 also features the same FAST AF system technology found in Olympus’ PEN cameras, so in fast-action situations you have an excellent chance of getting your Full HD movie or pristine still.
Unlike with most cameras in the compact class, you can attach waterproof converters to the TG-1 using an adapter. A fisheye converter captures wider, more dynamic images even with dark underwater scenes, while the tele converter lets you increase the optical zoom ratio by 6.8x – for dramatic close-ups with professional-looking background blur. With the Super-resolution Zoom feature, you can even reach 13.6x magnification.
Let the games begin
A TOUGH is for people who don’t want to hold back. It’s worry-free and that makes life a whole lot more fun. From the top of an Alpine mountain to the bottom of a tropical lagoon, you can take it everywhere and capture everything. Your camera will be OK. It’s crushproof* to a force of 100kg, waterproof* to a depth of 12 metres, shockproof to a height of 2m and freezeproof* to -10°C. What’s more, the TG-1 is equipped with new features that make recording movies and stills even easier in tricky conditions. Like Low Light Mode that automatically speeds up the shutter to prevent blur when you want to capture the special atmosphere of a low-light scene. Or Super Macro Mode, that lets you zoom in for spectacular close-ups of objects just one cm from the lens.
The OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-1 comes in silver and costs €399. The fisheye converter retails at €149.99 and the tele converter at €139.99. The converter adapter is available for €19.99.
• Crushproof to 100kg*, waterproof* to 12m, shockproof* to 2m and freezeproof* to -10°C for worry-free use anytime anywhere
• Sliding double lock mechanism and metal body for optimum protection of battery, card slots and ports
• Hard glass lens barrier for extra-tough lens protection
• Water-repellent and scratch resistant double seal technology
• GPS & e.compass with unique three-sensor technology for orientation and key information at a glance
• Improved TAP Control Mode for controlling the camera by tapping or tilting the body, ideal when wearing gloves
• Built-in manometer for checking depth underwater
• LED Illuminator for lighting up underwater scenes or macro subjects
• 4x wide optical zoom (25-100mm**) for shooting flexibility
• 12 Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor for high-resolution, superb-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• f2.0-4.9 wide-aperture high-speed lens for dramatic shots with low depth of field or reduced blur in low light
• Powerful TruePic VI image engine for faster recovery time and shutter release plus excellent image quality
• iHS technologies for capturing exactly the shots you want irrespective of shooting conditions
• Low Light Mode for sharper, more atmospheric shots in low light
• Super Sports Mode for sharper sequential shots of fast-moving subjects
• Super Macro Mode for stunning macros just 1cm from the lens
• 1080p Full HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in the best image quality currently available in compact cameras
• Multi-motion Movie IS for recording Full HD movies with reduced blur while walking
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• HDR Backlight Adjustment for ideal exposure when shooting against the light
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and/or stills: Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Soft Focus, Fish Eye, Sparkle (photos only), Watercolour, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented (photos only), Dramatic
• Advanced Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Face Detection and Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Super-resolution Zoom for digitally extending the range of the optical zoom with virtually no loss of image quality
• 3D photo shooting mode for striking stills
• ISO 100 to 6400
• Beauty Make-up Mode for hiding unwanted blemishes
• Pet Detection Mode for automatically capturing dog’s or cat’s faces when they look at the camera
• In-Camera Panorama for quick and easy panorama shots
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions, including Landscape, Night and i-Underwater Snapshot
Storage & Sharing
• 3.0” OLED (610,000 dots) display for improved playback and visibility during shooting with enhanced contrast, brightness and angle of view
• SDHC and SDXC memory card compatible***
• Eye-Fi Card compatibility for automatic wireless uploading of images to a website or PC
• Photo Surfing and [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event
• HDMI technology for controlling your camera from one remote when it’s connected to HD equipment
• Built-in flash
• In-camera help guide
• USB charging