[CEBIT 2012] Promise promised more speed, speeding on the fibre channel
When you walked around at Cebit, you surely must have noticed the pretty booth of Promise Technology. At the beginning of this week they announced some seriously fast storage solutions for professional data storage based on SAN Fibre channel and Intel based Thunderbolt technology.
The VessRAID 2000 series storage systems are PROMISE’s next generation 8Gbps & 10Gbps IP SAN solutions designed to provide SMB’s with optimal performance, proven reliability and total component redundancy for today’s mission critical applications at a very competitive price point.
Highlights of the VessRAID 2000 Series:
- Both 1Gbps & 10Gbps host connectivity
- 8Gbps Fibre Channel
- High-availability dual controller design
- Ability to scale up to 112 HDD
Pegasus J4 The Pegasus J4 JBOD is the latest addition to the PROMISE line of award winning Thunderbolt-enabled storage devices designed for media and entertainment professionals, providing the flexibility of on location or in suite storage and management capabilities for their highly valued digital assets. The J4 provides outstanding expansion capabilities by leveraging either traditional HDDs or the latest generation of SSD’s. PROMISE Pegasus J4 is the world’s first 4-bay NON-RAID JBOD featuring a stylish portable compact enclosure designed to unleash the raw power of Thunderbolt technology. Thunderbolt technology is a new, high-speed, dual protocol I/O technology designed for performance, simplicity, and flexibility.
Highlights of the Pegasus J4:
- Slick portable Small Form Factor (SFF)
- High Performance JBOD (Just a bunch of Disks)
- Supports 2.5” HDD or SSD
- Daisy-chainable (example: connect to Pegasus R Series)
- Compatible with MAC OS X RAID Solution (Disk Utility)
SmartStor Cloud – Cloud in Your hand
The SmartStor Cloud solution is designed especially for use in SMB, school, government and similar data environments. The benefits of private and public cloud services are combined in a device that features PROMISE enterprise RAID technology – enclosed in a system under your control – ensuring that your data is safe, synchronized and available wherever you need it.
Highlights of the SmartStor Private Cloud Solution:
- Data Synchronization to all devices
- Data Protection by enterprise proved RIAD Engine
- No Hassle Data Sharing.
- Smart Version Control and Recovery.
- Three-Step System setup.
- Support iOS and Android mobile devices.
- System Backup/Recovery to second backup site.
- Connect to selected public cloud storage services.
- Sync documents between computers and mobile devices (such as iPad and iPhone) to the SmartStor Private Cloud Solution featuring NSx700 series NAS
- Collaborate with colleagues via one click sharing
- Track document history and changes
In addition to these outstanding products other selections from its rich portfolio of storage solutions will include: PROMISE SANLink, the industry’s first Thunderbolt™ to Fibre Channel Adapter and perennial customer favorite, the PROMISE VTrak® x30 Series, the only qualified storage solution for Apple’s Mac OS X.
Conference attendees wishing to evaluate the most advanced, high-performance and cost-effective storage solutions that can dramatically increase the effectiveness of their storage capabilities should visit PROMISE on the CeBIT floor, Hall 2, Stand B54