By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Olympus announces DM-650 and DM-670 audio Recorders in Europe
Olympus is one of the most well known brands in Japan when it comes to digital audio recorder! To prove my point if you ever have the chance to attend to a press conference here in Tokyo you will quickly realize that most journalist here are choosing Olympus when it comes to Digital Audio Recorder.
Today however, it is Olympus Europe that comes with a little news of its own by introducing the company latest voice recorder with the DM-650 and DM-670.
These new PCM records come with built-in three microphone including two directional and a central mic, 4GB of internal memory for the DM-650 and 8GB of internal memory plus voice guidance for the DM-670.
These records will be available across Europe within October 2011 at a prices around €149 to €199.
Supersizing the spectrum of sound
While the dual stereo microphone setup in the previous models facilitated superb true stereo recordings, the incorporation of a third, central microphone takes quality audio capture to another level. This combination of mics means that recordings – particularly those of the human voice – are even more balanced and life-like, covering a broader spectrum of sound, from low to high frequencies. Both recorders also offer three file recording formats: WMA, MP3 and uncompressed Linear PCM (up to 48 kHz/16 bit). With its additional PCM mono recording option, the DM-670 is particularly well suited for any kind of voice optimised recording and is sure to be regularly used by broadcast journalists looking for high-fidelity sound capture in mono. Files are saved on either the internal memory (DM-670, 8 GB; DM-650, 4 GB) or on optional microSD cards. The DM-670 also makes life easier for its operators as it incorporates a handy Voice Guidance function that provides the user with audio prompts for each feature.
Immaculate recording and playback
Both the DM-650 and DM-670 incorporate numerous helpful automatic recording functions: Scene Modes help you to have the right setting for different recording situations like a meeting or lecture, and while VCVA (Variable Voice Control Actuator) ensures that audio capture commences when sounds reach a certain threshold and pauses recording when falling below that level, Voice Sync creates a new file each time when recordings restart. An optional remote control is also available to extend recording flexibility. A low cut filter additionally supports perfect recording: here, background noises such as distant traffic or air conditioners are cut out. During playback, users have the choice to invoke the Noise Cancel function for clearer, virtually noise-free sound. And to enhance results of spoken recordings, a special Voice Filter minimises unnecessary low and high frequency components to effectively boost voice performance. The integration of EUPHONY MOBILE surround sound with natural expansion in these models makes listening an even greater pleasure when using the included headphones.
Performance and simplicity
The DM-650 and DM-670 ensure business users get what they want and need: that recording and managing files is simultaneously powerful and easy. Folders can easily be renamed and managed with the included audio edit and management software, Sonority. Important sections of recordings may be highlighted using the index and temp mark facilities. Clever editing functions including the capacity to divide PCM and MP3 format files as well as the capability to partially erase PCM recordings add to the versatility these devices present their users. Moreover, files can be transferred and copied between the internal memory and the inserted microSD card, or between folders, in a flash, which is especially handy when you are on the move or wish to share files immediately.
These compact and luxuriously designed Olympus audio recorders help to make business a pleasure. The DM-650 comes in stunning silver, the DM-670 in business black. Both feature a metal body and will be available from October 2011.
DM-650 & DM-670 – Main Features:
• Built-in 3-microphone system (2-directional high-sensitivity microphones and a central omni-directional microphone for rich and fully natural stereo sound)
• Linear PCM (up to 48kHz/16bit), MP3 and WMA file formats
• Built-in memory: 8GB (DM-670) and 4GB (DM-650)
• microSD card slot
• Voice Guidance (DM-670 only)
Equipped with a variety of features that support audio recording:
• Adjustable mic sensitivity & zoom mic functions
• Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA) and Voice Sync function
• 2-step Low Cut Filter (Recording)
• Noise Cancel and Voice Filter functions (Playback)
• Pre defined recording and playback scenes (Conference, Lecture, Meeting, Dictation and DNS speech recognition) plus option for individual settings for future recordings
Playback and editing functions:
• EUPHONY MOBILE to produce a natural, realistic experience without degrading sound quality
• File transfer and copying between the built-in memory and microSD card, and between folders
• File editing: divide (PCM, MP3) and partially erase (PCM)
• Index mark: 99 (DM-670) and 16 (DM-650), plus temp mark features
• Seamless variable speed playback
• 4.3 cm (1.69”) backlit display
• USB charging function
• Timer recording
• Folder names changeable
• Compatible with Audible and Podcasting
• Olympus Sonority software included
• DM-670 or DM-650
• Carrying case: CS-138 multi function case with clip (DM-670), Softcase CS-131 (DM-650)
• Rechargeable batteries
• Stereo earphones
• USB cable
• Olympus Sonority Audio Management Software