By >Daimaou - G.G-B
Mitsubishi upgrade its i-MiEV EV car with now improved range
Mitsubishi announced yesterday in Japan that it has now upgraded its i-MiEV EV Car by declining it in two trim with the entry level M announced at 2,6 Million yen and the high-end model the G announced at 3.8 Mil;ion Yen.
While both models will comes with several refinement like a set of 15” alloy wheel and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter know available only on the G Series, Mitsubishi thanks to Toshiba and its SCiB Battery are proud to announced that its new i-MiEV comes now with an improved range of 120km for the M Series and 180km for the G series fitted with a larger battery.
When MMC first started delivering the i-MiEV ultimate eco-car to corporate, governmental and local authority users in July 2009, it was the first auto manufacturer to offer a car that fully addresses the issues facing the automobile today and including environmental pollution, global warming and exhaustion of petroleum-based energy supplies. To promote EV ownership on Japan’s roads, the company started sales of i-MiEV to individual customers in April 2010, reducing the ex-subsidy price from \4,599,000 to \3,980,000. Since then the company has sold around 4,000 units in Japan and has exported a total of over 10,000 units including those supplied to PSA Peugeot Citroen.
Reflecting the views and wishes of customers over two years of sales who were calling for a longer cruising range and lower price, the major change seen in the new i-MiEV is the introduction of two trim levels to give the customer a choice. In addition, basic vehicle performance and the equipment specification have been upgraded to realize a significant improvement in product content. The cruising range per charge has been extended by linking brake pedal usage to the regenerative braking system while Active Stability Control (ASC) is now fitted as standard. The “MiEV Remote System” factory-fitted option gives the owner the convenience of using late-night and other off-peak electricity to charge the battery.
In addition to the promotion of solar and wind power and other renewable energy sources and the near-future realization of the smart grid, much attention is also being focused on the power storage capability of high capacity EV batteries as a power source for use in major disasters and other emergencies. Today more and more people are looking to the EV both as a means to address environmental issues and also to address the pressures on the demand and supply of energy. To meet these expectations, MMC is pushing forward research and development into related technologies. The company currently offers, as a dealer-fitted option, the AC Power Supply EZ adaptor that allows i-MiEV’s batteries to be used to power domestic electrical appliances up to a rating of 100W. And the company is aiming to bring to market during fiscal 2011 an adaptor that will enable i-MiEV’s batteries to power domestic appliances up to a total rating of 1500W.
1. Trim levels
(1) Entry-level M
• The newly offered M trim level is targeted as an entry-level model for a wide spectrum of drivers including minicar owners. The use of a 10.5 kWh drive battery and the careful tailoring of the equipment and trim specification have made it possible to offer M at a much more accessible price. (The actual price to the customer after receipt of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s eco-car subsidy will be \1,880,000.)
• The M model delivers ample performance for everyday minicar use, such as running errands like local shopping and running children to school and back. (JC08-cycle range per charge: 120 km.)
(2) Higher-level G
• Inheriting the original i-MiEV’s specification, the G is offered as a higher capable trim level and targets customers with a keen interest in environmental issues and in advanced technologies. Product content has been significantly raised with the use of LED headlamps and rear combination lamps, 15-inch alloy road wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob and other high-grade equipment. G also features a navigation system and heated seats (driver and front passenger) as standard and offers all this at a price lower than that of the original i-MiEV. (The actual price to the customer after receipt of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s eco-car subsidy will be \2,840,000.)
• Using the same 16.0 kWh battery as the original i-MiEV, G now realizes around 20 percent* increase in its single charge range (J08-cycle range of 180 km). Together with the expansion of charging facilities at expressway service stations and rest areas, this gives it fully practical day-trip capability. (*JC08-cycle comparison.)
• Factory-fitted options available for the G model (on cars built in October onward) include a Premium Interior Package that further enhances the classy look and feel of the interior, and the “MiEV Remote System” that features “Timer Charging” and “Pre-activated Air Conditioning” which allows the owner to start up the climate control system before entering the car.